Firearms

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hopefully this doesn’t offend anyone.

Some firearm pictures I’ve taken in the past couple of months. Input is welcome. I think one thing I need is a way to set up a background so the rest of my house doesn’t show up in shots 😛

LWRCI UCIW

Centurion Arms MK18 upper on a lower from a local shop.

Centurion Arms Upper on a lower from a local shop. I spent a while setting this one up, took about 5 times shooting, processing, loading on the phone, rinse, repeat.

Yugoboy
    Participant

A – not offended. They’re nice pics for still life/single subject.

I think one thing I need is a way to set up a background so the rest of my house doesn’t show up in shots 😛

B – This is why garage sales we’re invented. While you could go out and spend some money on a “white box” (and no doubt, if you hang around here long enough, you will), you can also get away with a white sheet and portable clothing rack. You’re out about $2 and you can now shoot with a white back drop. A few more quarters will get you a variety of backdrops.

Spend a little to figure out how much you may or may not use the stuff that costs real money. If you’ll use it, then spend it. But I’ve learned to never shell out “real” dough until I’ve done some cost/benefit analysis.

YMMV

orionid
    Participant

Did someone say firearms?

Celebrate Diversity by Orionid, on Flickr

ennuipoet
    Participant

I have no weapons to shoot, and if I posted a picture of my gun you would be jealous and then I would get banninated for violating content rules…

fluffybunny
    Participant

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless.
    Without my rifle, I am useless.
    I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.
    I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will…

My rifle’s name is Charlene.

Yoyo
    Participant

I like freezer wrapping paper for a white background. It’s cheap and disposable. Matte on one side and glossy on the other. Uber white and texture free.

/Allison. Last time I saw her was in New Jersey. I’ve still got her number though.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Winona

Barracuda
    Participant

I kind of like the burlap for the background, might try a B&W conversion or at least some white balance adjustments as the photos look a tad on the yellow side (indoor lighting does that).

Nice looking AR platform, I missed the boat on getting one ordered last fall like I was considering. Being a lefty finding one was difficult, now impossible.

orionid, nice set, a Ruger and S&W fan are we? I’ve got a couple Rugers, both in the pistol and long gun variety. No smiths or 1911’s yet for me, but one of those Ruger 1911’s keep calling my name.

GP100 .357MAG in 5″

I kind of like the burlap for the background, might try a B&W conversion or at least some white balance adjustments as the photos look a tad on the yellow side (indoor lighting does that).

Nice looking AR platform, I missed the boat on getting one ordered last fall like I was considering. Being a lefty finding one was difficult, now impossible.

orionid, nice set, a Ruger and S&W fan are we? I’ve got a couple Rugers, both in the pistol and long gun variety. No smiths or 1911’s yet for me, but one of those Ruger 1911’s keep calling my name.

GP100 .357MAG in 5″

Yeah, the lighting in the house could use some improvement, but I generally like warmer images, so it’s not absolutely terrible for me.

As far as ARs go, if you’re a lefty, just get a regular one. I think the only company that makes lefty ones is Stag, and I’ve never understood why they call them “Lefty” anyway, since they don’t actually have left handed controls, just eject to the left instead of the right. If an AR is ejecting properly your face wont get hit with the brass. If anything try to get something with ambi controls, like a KAC or LWRC IC (whenever they actually get around to releasing them). Of course these will cost you more than a regular AR. Prices should be coming back down to reasonable prices since the senate removed a federal AWB from their agenda recently.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Firearms’ is closed to new replies.