First Monsoon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

….that I’ve seen, at least (I read we got some wind and dust last night but I was at work. In fact, I panicked when I woke up at 7:30pm and thought I was late for work…then realized I’m off tonight.)

Perhaps I’ll go storm chasing. I’d bet a dollar Caradoc is out in it, and will have pictures for us shortly. 😉

Contest regulars might recognize the scene; it’s where the cloud puked a rainbow 😛

//edit; it’s a bad spelling day when ‘scene’ is spelled like something I’d saw. 🙁

chupathingie
    Participant

we actually got some storm action here tonight. We might even be up to an inch of rain for the year. I was going to snag some pictures, but it came up on us too quickly; it wasn’t in the forecast…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Ain’t it wonderful, though? I just went and stood out in the rain for an hour at 3AM the other day-it was glorious.

ravnostic
    Participant

I love the monsoon nights–it’s actually bearable, isn’t it? I’m off this very moment for some shooting down by the river in the ‘industrialized’ section of Phoenix. If you don’t hear back from me in this week’s contest, I’ve been mugged, raped, and/or killed. Central to 20th street, north side of the Salt River. Just saying. 🙂

//I’m bringing my taser.

orionid
    Participant

We might even be up to an inch of rain for the year.

Heh. One year in Hilo a drought was declared because total rainfall was only 85 inches by July.

caradoc
    Participant

I’d bet a dollar Caradoc is out in it, and will have pictures for us shortly.

You’d be wrong. Low-pressure system == colicky baby. Missed that one. Major portion of the cell passed 19 miles NE of me, tracking to the NW.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ah…dang. Hope the baby feels better. Maybe next storm.

caradoc
    Participant

According to the reports, the next one will be within the next eight hours or so…

ravnostic
    Participant

Yay! I’ll be out in the east valley at my brother’s house, but I’ll bring the camera.

caradoc
    Participant

How far east? East Mesa/Apache Junction/Gold Canyon looks like they’re going to get a nice one soon.

Farktographer
    Participant

Ugh. Why does it only rain at night in San Diego? Stupid clouds, that doesn’t make for pretty photographs! Also haven’t seen lightening in about 3 years -_-

ravnostic
    Participant

Meah. After I texted you caradoc I spent 30 minutes in traffic to get 3 miles home. By then, the storm was just north of me. The setting wasn’t the greatest, and neither were the lightning shots. I got one 1/4 way decent one, which I won’t even post out of embarrassment. Fortunately, the season is only beginning–here’s hoping for better luck next time. 🙂

(OTOH, I got some very nice fireworks shots.)

linguine
    Participant

I just got this shot with last nights storms.

Heres some more, we had a pretty good show down here although my shutter clicked shut just in time for the best bolt of the night http://www.flickr.com/photos/guine/tags/monsoon/

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Nice. Not a monsoon shot, but DSC_0050 desert view sunset small is easily my favorite.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks, we can get some amazing colors at sunset out here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘First Monsoon’ is closed to new replies.