First portrait shoot – the results

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery First portrait shoot – the results

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

As mentioned in my thread over in the Pub, my sister asked me to do some photos of her and her fiance for their save the date cards. I’m far from a seasoned portrait photographer, and after expressing this clearly, she still wanted me to give it a go. Here’s a couple of their favorites that I processed for them last night.

Feedback on processing extremely welcome btw!

Top pick, color:

Top pick, B&W (high key)

2nd pick, color (still may try to edit out that gray pipe over his shoulder):

2nd pick, B&W (high key)

3rd pick

Yugoboy
    Participant

All are nice, but given how forced the smile looks in Pick #1, I’d go with #2 (especially if you ‘shop out the pipe). #3’s got its charms as well.

I’d say you did well… very well.

ravnostic
    Participant

3, 2 (agree on the pipe, and that smile in one rules it out. Completely.) Congrats on first efforts!!

ravnostic
    Participant

More I look, more I like 3. The DOF from waist to face is perfect, the bokeh flowers enhance, against a further background that doesn’t destract. If I were the subjects, I’d be really happy with that one.

Barracuda
    Participant

Agree on the smile, it was quite difficult to get a smile out of that wasn’t either forced or otherwise less than natural looking. That first photo was quite nearly the first photo taken that day, so it’s not like he was tired of smiling already. lol.

orionid
    Participant

I like three, I agree with the sentiments about the smile in number one. And, ummm…. Since these aren’t farktography, I’d probably like number two if you whitened his teeth just a tad.

fluffybunny
    Participant

IMHO best are 3 and 5.

Also, jawline courtesy Peter Hurley:

Barracuda
    Participant

the sad thing is, I did whiten the teeth some already… recent ex-smoker.

fluffybunny
    Participant

recent ex-smoker

Good for him.

Barracuda
    Participant

recent ex-smoker

Good for him.

Agreed. Though I think the victory goes to my sister. 😆

Two more that I got processed yesterday:

ravnostic
    Participant

That first one of the 2nd batch is a real keeper.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Definitely like the last two over previous set. The flowers seem to bring out some warmer skin tones (or your processing, not sure). Better expressions, better framing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘First portrait shoot – the results’ is closed to new replies.