Flickr done it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

If you add /sizes/z/ to a Flickr photo URL, you get a 640 px wide photo, useful for, oh, some sites with restrictive CSS.

Just thought you’d like to know.

It’s part of their new photo page that’s rolling out.

linguine
    Participant

I usually just upload at 640 anymore, but thatll be useful for when I dont and decide to use a shot for farktography later and am feeling lazy about resizing it or its already after 8 when I realize that its the wrong size.

orionid
    Participant

huh. How about that?

SilverStag
    Participant

Actually, you have to select all sizes from the dropdown on the photo page, select the Medium 640 photo, and right-click to get the URL.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, very useful! I’m with linguine that I typically only upload 640, but sometimes I do have other stuff that I end up uploading other sizes for.

sleeping
    Participant

Nice! You can get the HTML for a link to that size under Share This > Grab the HTML if you turn on the new-style page

SilverStag
    Participant

Nice! You can get the HTML for a link to that size under Share This > Grab the HTML if you turn on the new-style page

I found out that doesn’t work correctly yet… I actually had to go to the 640 medium page and right-click to get the photo location.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I saw that in the update they posted today, definitely very excited that hopefully I won’t have to upload 2 versions of each picture anymore.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Flickr done it!’ is closed to new replies.