FSM: Bringing The Sexy Back

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill FSM: Bringing The Sexy Back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

The Farktographer Portfolios are back (and slightly improved).

The Farktographer Seach is back (as cool as ever).

The Contest Contour is back (and also slightly improved).

And many of the static reports are back, too (but have issues).

I noticed that the number of participants we’ve had recently is dropping. HDR is pretty technical and Forks is, well, something that would appeal more to photo-wonks. Hopefully, we can get the number of Farktographers above the 10 Contest Moving Average again soon.

I’m guessing that the drop off is also related to the lateness of the greenlight time for both HDR and Forks (and Style and Power, too).

monkeybort
    Participant

w00t!!!! lovin’ it. thank you schnee!!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

YAY!! Thanks!

schnee
    Participant

And many of the static reports are back, too (but have issues).

Mostly resolved now, and small improvements made. I still have some behind the scenes goo to work through, but, yeah, the sexy is back.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So I guess FSM really stands for Farktography Sexy Manager……

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not sure if this is part of the behind the scenes goo, but I noticed some discrepancies between the numbers in the portfolios, and the ones shown in the reports. E.g. bobroberts has 476 votes listed in his portfolio for recent votes, but the Highest Vote Getters Recently stat shows him with 474 votes. Several other folks have similar discrepancies. I’m guessing this is part of the final cleanup, but wanted to bring it up just in case.

schnee
    Participant

{Elsinore points out some discrepancies}

Those inconsistencies are indeed part of the behind-the-scenes goo. I need to resync the “Extract, Transform and Load” part with the “Generate Reports” part. When you get a portfolio, you are querying the DB right now and you get the most recent data. When you view a Report, you get the view of the data when the report was generated (timestamped on the bottom). Currently, they are out-of-sync.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM: Bringing The Sexy Back’ is closed to new replies.