FSM Down for a bit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

The remodel of Schneeworld Corporate HQ is progressing a bit quicker and in a less-controlled manner than originally planned. Consequentially, the FSM (and all Schneeworld services) are currently unavailable, and will remain so at least through the 9/24 contest (so someone should probably fix the Boobies).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

soosh
    Participant

hey, do you need temporary hosting space? I’ve got a lot to spare.

schnee
    Participant

Thanks soosh, but alas, the FSM isn’t quite ready for redeployment, and it really is a full-on application. I’d need MySQL, Tomcat, and Java 5 or 6, and that’s just the start.

Basically, I’m not confident I could get it rehosted in time (due to its architecture more than anything else). Thanks for the offer, however.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh crap! If there’s anything you need, let us know…

corsec67
    Participant

If you need help with cables, I can certainly help:

/joke
    //But, I could help you with burning stuff

schnee
    Participant

Oh crap! If there’s anything you need, let us know…

About 4 weeks without any of my other responsibilities to get it re-architected / ready for universal deployment.

And then a magic wand to make my family forget that I abandoned them for 4 weeks.

Seriously, everything is cool – this is just a minor little hiccup. The FSM is on the same system that my wife gets her email – I have plenty of motivation to get it back, but can’t until the remodel gets to a steady state. S/b by Friday, if not tomorrow.

schnee
    Participant

Bubblegum and bailing wire, but it’s back. May be sporadic over the next couple of days.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Huzzah!

SilverStag
    Participant

I see we’ve found some new way to break it.

soosh
    Participant

looks OK now

SilverStag
    Participant

On mine, the FSM says “Neon. Details and r” in the list of contests…

soosh
    Participant

I’ll bet your house is all tidy.

SilverStag
    Participant

hardly 🙂 Not with 8 grand kids running around periodically.

But what I find hard to believe is that I am ahead of you in the ‘most votes recently’ category. That’s inconceivable, since your stuff is usually so much better (or at least popular) than mine.

That does just feel—-broken, somehow.

schnee
    Participant

I see we’ve found some new way to break it.

Oh, that’s not new. That’s me not being able to figure out how to escape “smart quotes” in regular expressions. Major blow to my ego, minor annoyance in the FSM. I’ll get it fixed.

I’m actually considering just capturing the entire headline, but then the display gets all horked.

soosh
    Participant

hardly 🙂 Not with 8 grand kids running around periodically.

But what I find hard to believe is that I am ahead of you in the ‘most votes recently’ category. That’s inconceivable, since your stuff is usually so much better (or at least popular) than mine.

That does just feel—-broken, somehow.

Nah, I’ve not been running very crowd-favorite lately.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM Down for a bit’ is closed to new replies.