FSM is going to be a bit flakey…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill FSM is going to be a bit flakey…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Sorry in advance – I installed a new webapp and the combo of the FSM, my blog and the newbie is taxing the resources.

I’ve ordered more memory which should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Flavivirus
    Participant

i miss FSM already 🙁 🙁

all hail fsm

schnee
    Participant

OK, it survived overnight. and didn’t take new memory – just some setting tweak.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

w00t!

soosh
    Participant

schnee,

any chance for a short bio area on the individual farktography portfolio pages? or a link to our flickr or other websites?

schnee
    Participant

schnee,

any chance for a short bio area on the individual farktography portfolio pages? or a link to our flickr or other websites?

Hm, well…, hm.

Right now, the portfolio’s link back to the Fark bio page (via the farktog’s name).

The system is just software, so anything could be done, but allowing personalization of the portfolio would require the FSM maintaining a user-base, with accounts that have edit privileges, and…and… It sort of snowballs. I don’t really see that happening anytime soon. I’m not saying ‘no’ – it is a good idea – just ‘don’t hold your breath’.

schnee
    Participant

OK, it survived overnight. and didn’t take new memory – just some setting tweak.

And now more memory has been installed in the server and allocated to the service. I don’t know if the end-consumers will notice much difference, except, hopefully, more uptime.

(to the shall-remain-nameless person(s) who donated to the cause, thanks, and the FSM tells me that the indulgences have been granted – go forth and sin again)

(I really gotta pickup a camera again soon)

staplermofo
    Participant

We can donate?
    I wanna donate!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa, the FSM provides indulgences? S/He truly is a full service diety! As long as the plenary indulgence loophole/unmaking existence problem has been covered, of course. 😉

Seriously, though, glad the FSM is back!

schnee
    Participant

We can donate?
    I wanna donate!

Dude, FSM home page, for about a year.

staplermofo
    Participant

Dude, FSM home page, for about a year.

Holy crap, I never noticed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM is going to be a bit flakey…’ is closed to new replies.