FSM Outage Warning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Central TX is being gripped by a winter storm. Weathermen are doing their best to panic the populace, warning that this has the potential to be the worst ice storm in 10 years. That could lead to power outages, which would take down the FSM. So if it goes dark, that’s probably why.

Other than that, no worries.

(all masculine pronouns include the feminine)

monkeybort
    Participant

thanks for the warning schnee!

i feel your pain – we’ve been well below zero (it was -28 this morning) since friday and this morning our pipes were frozen. and then the power went out. 😕 poor mr. bort is home trying to keep the fire going so our pipes don’t explode.

subzero temps are fun!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Eep! All ya’ll stay warm, ‘kay?

schnee
    Participant

thx for the well-wishes.

-28? I remember those days. Almost makes me miss Montana less. Almost.

Saldo1981
    Participant

-28 damn it was in the 70s this weekend.

linguine
    Participant

global warming is going to make it get down to the lower 60s by midnight out here

monkeybort
    Participant

hahaha, i love it. i don’t know what i’d do if i lived somewhere that was 70 degrees in january.

granted, it’d be nice if the temp got into the positive numbers but *shrug* – what are ya gonna do?

schnee – be sure to take lots of ice storm pictures – nothing like the world encased in ice to make for some interesting subjects. stay warm!!

schnee
    Participant

schnee – be sure to take lots of ice storm pictures – nothing like the world encased in ice to make for some interesting subjects. stay warm!!

Totally intend to, if it ever freezes. Right now, we just got a lot of rain and temps in the low thirties. Hopefully too icy to go to work tomorrow so I’ll be out with the cam.

Curious
    Participant

back in the bad old days i used to have to put the chains on to get up the hill by lake travis. that would be on FM620. saw a lot of folks slide back down that hill. i don’t know if it was the wild chill or the moisture off the lake or both but that spot would freeze when the rest of 620 was ok.

i have some really neat shot of iced up branches, leaves, etc. printed on high contrast RC paper.

while all you ice bound folks have my sympathy i’ll stick with tomorrow’s high 40’s. that’s after short sleeve shirt weather today.

veruca
    Participant

sending warm thoughts to you and mrs. schnee and the family. we still have snow on the ground out this way (unheard of usually) and more on the way but thankfully the winds have died down for now. you guys be safe!

millera9
    Participant

Ditto to what everyone else said. Hope it warms up sometime soon; mostly for your sake but also because I have to fly through DFW on Sunday.

In other news, I went to work in a short-sleeved shirt today… :-p

Snug Tight
    Participant

We got hit the last day of November with an ice storm. After 2 days of no heat we went to a hotel. I found a 3000 Watt generator online for $299 delivered. That should be enough to keep the fridge, furnace and a few other things like TV or computer going. We were supposed to get hit with 3 waves of ice this time, but only one made it and it melted right away. It does make for some great photo ops.

monkeybort
    Participant

we’ve been without water since yesterday morning. pepper that with a few 3-hour long power outages and below zero temps and you’ve got the makings of a rocking good time!

/i’m a little cranky today. 👿

schnee
    Participant

wow, my part of tx is just getting hit. If we ever have a “geysers caused by broken water mains within 500 ft of where you live” theme, I’ll have entries. We still have water and power. So far.

Other than that, Ice Storm 07 is photographically uninteresting. Snug Tight, stay tightly snugged and ‘Bort, damn.

monkeybort
    Participant

and ‘Bort, damn.

heh, sorry for AW’ing all over your thread. just had to throw myself a little pity party there.

glad you’re still watered and powered!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM Outage Warning’ is closed to new replies.