FSM Participation Profile(tm)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill FSM Participation Profile(tm)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, schnee–just when I think the FSM can’t possibly get any better, you go an add something bright and shiny like the Participation Profile(tm). Of course, it also shows me just how inconsistent I am, but wow, great work!

**applause**

schnee
    Participant

Wow, schnee–just when I think the FSM can’t possibly get any better, you go an add something bright and shiny like the Participation Profile(tm). Of course, it also shows me just how inconsistent I am, but wow, great work!

**applause**

Thanks. Y’all let me know if it is fast enough to render – from my work computer, it is pretty slow and I’m a bit worried that I’m over-taxing the schneeworld.com server farm.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Renders just fine for me. Would generating a link on each Farktographer’s page to their Participation Profile(tm) cut down on bandwidth and processor usage any? People would click, but probably not everyone would, and it wouldn’t have to be rendered for each page automagically. If it were a separate page accessed that way, maybe it could also be wider and display more individual contests for those who’ve been doing this for a year now? Just some thoughts…

logomancer
    Participant

Schnee, I’m sure this won’t be the last time I type this, but: you da man!

schnee
    Participant

Schnee, I’m sure this won’t be the last time I type this, but: you da man!

Thanks man. Your Joshua Tree Nat’l Park photo is sublime. I thought that at first you typo’ed “2am” instead of “2pm” but then I saw Scorpius in the lower left hand quadrant. Did you eclipse the moon with the cactus?

It is a really neat photograph. I’m pretty sure you da man.

logomancer
    Participant

Sure did. I experimented with painting the cactii – luckily I had two different flashlights. Here’s what the other one looked like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/undergroundbastard/238185481/

I was worried with all the recent HDR hubaloo that someone would think that the Joshua shot as well as the Bryce shot were HDR’d, but I just had some fantastic natural light for the latter.

Thanks for the props – and recognizing Scorpius!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM Participation Profile(tm)’ is closed to new replies.