Funny !ihs at work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

I heard this second-hand about a cow-orker and had to corner him on it. I believe him. The tl;dr response from me is that the punchline is well worth the time reading the set-up. This !ish busted me up. I wish I could claim this legendary comeback. BTW, he did feel compelled to drop an email to apologize, which I think speaks well on him.

We work communications. Some is analog (not near as crazy as old CATV analog) but most is digital. All of the gear that moves stuff any distance is digital. All of that gear comes together into (of course) bigger gear. Now, things fail; and most everything digital has a backup.

Sometimes your backup fails and you don’t know about it, and sometimes that failure shows up with another fault in a major piece of gear. Which promptly becomes unhappy and quits working resulting in the phone lines to the place lighting up. Followed by instructions to join a stackline (voice conference).

“What’s broke?”
    “Your dax.”
    “Srsly?”
    “Seriously.”
    “30 mins minimum for me to get there… load me the ticket.”

*20 mins later, now over a dozen on the stackline…*

“Aight. I’m in front of the dax.” Too many red lights on the admin complex.
    “Stand by, gotta add the regional director to the stack.”

So the suit (who answers to the CEO) who got woke up at 3AM joins the stack, and starts to get a grip on what’s going on when one of the many folks on the stack had to answer another call and put the stack on hold. Which included hold music. Classic light rock for the most part, but loud, too much to hear over on the stack. This went on for the next minute at least.

When it quit, the director said “I want it made plain that there will be no holds placed on this call while I’m consulting with the management on the scene.” He then went back into his discussion while the overworked guy in a test center somewhere was forced to respond to another ticket and put the stack back on hold.

Ensue rage-inducing light rock.

“WHO THE FCUK IS THAT?!?!”
    “I think it’s Don Henley.”

ennuipoet
    Participant

Kick ’em when they’re up, kick ’em when they’re down

orionid
    Participant

+1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Funny !ihs at work’ is closed to new replies.