Getting bored

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Saldo1981
    Participant

I’m tired of my own photos coming up on my screen saver. So if you have a picasa page or flickr feed post it here so I can add it to my screensaver (that’s if you don’t mind).

Analogy
    Participant

You already have mine, but http://picasaweb.google.com/stephan.ahonen/

Curious
    Participant

well what do you know, i do have a feed. it’s here http://www.flickr.com/photos/57055068@N00/ at the bottom of my flickr page(s). there are what appear to be a lot of duplicates there because i uploaded a bunch of macro shots for some friends and family to see. there are also pictures of tools and a before and after of sensor cleaning. use whatever you like.

Saldo1981
    Participant

It’s cool because as everyone updates pictures so does the screensaver so when I’m not working on the computer but sitting there soldering ends on to cables I at least can look at some nice pictures. Plus I’m toying with the idea of using a laptop with a broken screen and hooking it up to a 17 inch monitor and then I will have an instant picture frame!

Saldo1981
    Participant

oooo it seems to support multiple monitors too. Different pictures on each monitor. Just incase anyone is wondering it is the screensaver from the google pack

Curious
    Participant

having never looked into the feed thing i have no idea what size the download to you is. if it’s original file size and picture size … well most of mine are pretty big.

then again if you know enough to hook up an external monitor for a laptop you can figure out what to do to get the right file size.

yeah right, multiple monitors. my card may support them but my wallet doesn’t.

Saldo1981
    Participant

Well that’s how it works when you just gotta have that 27″ HDTV in your bedroom and you already have a 17″ monitor. I work to pay the bills I work extra to buy toys. But I did get the 27″ on open box special at best buy.

It does grab the large file. I’ve also set it to pan & scan so it moves slowly too.

Attached a picture of the set up. TiVo, TV, computer w/dual monitors. Everyone has a weak spot mine is electronics and vehicles.

The dual monitors really makes editing easier as I can have all my tools on one screen and the picture full screen on the other. Plus the color on the 27″ is unreal. Now to borrow that monitor profiler so I can set up color profiles for the printers at the local print shop (large prints) and wolf camera (up to 8×10).

zeke
    Participant

Well that’s how it works when you just gotta have that 27″ HDTV in your bedroom and you already have a 17″ monitor. I work to pay the bills I work extra to buy toys. But I did get the 27″ on open box special at best buy.

So wait. You’ve got a 27″ HDTV as a monitor on your rig? That’s awesome. I’m jealous. No, wait, I take it back, that’s not it. I’m aroused. And Father’s Day is coming. Oh, Elsinore….

Saldo1981
    Participant

Best buy didn’t use the slogan “turn on the fun” for nothing 🙂 Just think the better picture will only help you make those pictures look that much better when you have them printed out. Of course it isn’t too much help for the farktography contests since you can’t edit too much.

Curious
    Participant

rabbit ears?

i got lucky at sam’s recently and found an epson R260 for $45. came with everything but the original box. been marked down twice from $154. besides beautiful prints it will print CD’s too. haven’t tried that yet. my only concern right now is that it seems to use a lot of ink. i only use it for making “photo” quality prints which it really excels at.

also have a canon i850 photo printer which makes pretty good prints. or did until it stated to produce banding. and a konica/minolta 2400W laser printer which turned out to be a big disappointment. fortunately i got it at sam’s also for $50. had been a display model and they’d lost the manuals, cables and box. plus i knew the guy in electronics so he helped get the price reduced.

Saldo1981
    Participant

The rabbit ears are for Over the air HD signal. You would be suprised how many extra “free” channels there are. Like channel 3 or whatever local station you have. They also have a 3.1 and a 3.2. 3 is standard def 3.1 is hi-def 3.2 is their all weather all the time. I also have cable hooked up through my TiVo but I don’t have HD cable so I figured it’s mainly a computer monitor so why pay the extra for the HD right now. As soon as I get a 50 inch for the livingroom (will have to wait since I spent the last of my fun money on a motorcycle) I will have to upgrade to HD cable.

zeke
    Participant

I also have cable hooked up through my TiVo but I don’t have HD cable so I figured it’s mainly a computer monitor so why pay the extra for the HD right now.

Actually… if you’re paying for basic cable, you could quite possibly have the local HD channels for free too. Our cable provider has the local channels, 4 KET channels (theres like 6 OTA HD KET channels, only 1 on basic cable), scifi, bravo, the digital music service, and maybe one or two other channels unencrypted. If you get you an HD tuner for your PC that can do QAM and/or a set top HD receiver that can handle cable, you might be surprised at what you do get in digital/HD bundled with basic service 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting bored’ is closed to new replies.