Got a spare $99k?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant
    Analogy
    Participant

Pfft:

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/industrial_bctv/p_field_DIGISUPER100_93BIEDAF_spec.shtml

And because video uses 2/3″ chips, the field of view is MUCH tighter, especially in extender.

staplermofo
    Participant

I was just about to come in and brag that I finally got an L lens too. My 20-35mm seems so piddly now.

zeke
    Participant

I’d rather take one of these 🙂

Analogy
    Participant

Do you mean a 16-35, Stapler? I didn’t know Canon ever made a 20-35.

As for the Red camera… My official word is meh. I’m sure it’s great for cinema, but I have doubts about the reliability of the modular design for work in the field, especially for run-and-gun shooting. If I’m in a risky environment like the sidelines of a football game, I’d rather have a camera that’s durable enough that I’m more worried about my survival than the camera’s if I’ve got a tight end barreling at me.

staplermofo
    Participant

Do you mean a 16-35, Stapler? I didn’t know Canon ever made a 20-35.

They did, it was replaced by the 17-35, which was then replaced by the 16-35, which is how I could afford it. It’s EF, but pre-USM, if that helps date it.
    Unfortunately, mine has a scratched/scuffed internal element, which didn’t show up in the pictures, but probably was visible before they got shrunk to ebay size. The exact center is sharp as my 28mm f/1.8, but everywhere else is more kit lens sharp, which is great considering how bad the scratches look, but crappy in every other way.
    *sigh*
    Otherwise, it’s absolutely great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Got a spare $99k?’ is closed to new replies.