Greetings from Detroit

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Greetings from Detroit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

Hello, Farktographers. Very nice images from many of you here. I’ve enjoyed the contest for quite some time now. (in lurk mode) I decided to jump in on the streetlight theme with an IR photo of mine. However, I was wondering….There is a PP technique called “false colour” that is commonly used for IR shots. It’s really just a color swap done in channel mixer, swapping the reds with the blues. Since it is so commonly used, I was wondering if this is an acceptable form of PP that is allowed. I did do a search and read one thread that almost answered my question, but I thought I should ask this before I consider an entry of this type in the future. Thank you for your time, and keep clicking !

schnee
    Participant

Hey there FutherMucker, welcome to Farktography. I saw your Streetlights entry in the theme’s Boobies and decided that I liked the cut of your jib.

I think that since you’d be swapping colors across the entire image (and not in selective areas), you’d be OK. Until you start winning every theme and then we’d have to DQ the technique. But that’s just me.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Schnee, thank you kindly for your reply. I appreciate your time, and was hoping someone would say that. I’m a bit of an IR junkie lately !
    Cheers !

millera9
    Participant

Welcome!

I don’t know a damn thing about IR or anything film related so I have nothing to contribute to that conversation. Regardless, welcome to the forum and the contests! 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard! I’d go with schnee on this one. We’ve discussed channel mixer to obtain b/w images before, and like schnee said, it applies the modifications evenly across the image. Is the false color done to images already obtained in IR to enhance the effect or is this just a way to simulate IR?

FutherMucker
    Participant

Thank you for the welcome, millera9 & Elsinore.

Yes, Elsinore. The false colour technique is used on images that were taken in IR but with the custom white balance I use, the images have a strange, orange-ish hue in the skies. The channel swapping is done to make it appear more “normal”, but other things in the frame still have that distinct, IR look to them. Thanks again for the warm welcome, people !
    I look forward to enjoying your work.

FutherMucker
    Participant

decided that I liked the cut of your jib.

I have ask some friends WTF this means, but none have ever hear of this before…Is Texas thing, ya ? Is compliment from you on me ?….If so, thank you kindly. 🙂

Curious
    Participant

kids now days.

google is your friend

FutherMucker
    Participant

Thank you, Curious.

Česk?: Děkuji = Thank you.

Google doesn’t tell me what is “Jib”……Maybe is not my friend, but I still wonder what is “Jib”. Děkuji for attempt. 🙂

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Literally, a jib is a triangular sail at the very front of the sailboat (here for a picture)

Schnee was using jib figuratively, and was trying to say that he likes your style.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Schnee was using jib figuratively, and was trying to say that he likes your style.

This I understand, and appreciate VERY much !..Thank you for this, RcMacStudent !!!….And also Schnee !! 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

V?tat! Fotografick? se?ivačky is blaho. Tebe po?adovat pokou?et osud. J? don’t dov?dat se jeden slovo of tato. J? am ba ani jist? tato is člen určit? dobr? jazyk.

FutherMucker
    Participant

staplermofo

Wau !!!……You impress me again..How it’s possible you can speak some near perfect Česk? and also Dutch ??…You are full of surprise, ja ?….You have some phrase book there ?

Parla Italiano ??

Non ti dimentichero mai !!
    Non dimenticarti di me !!
    8)

millera9
    Participant

Qua? Je ne parle pas de anglais. Je suis Griek. Donne moi l’agnieu!

/No accent marks because I’m lazy
    //And drunk
    ///Captain Morgan makes me speak french on message boards…

FutherMucker
    Participant

Do the Captain pose. Tu as beaucoup de classe. J’aime ton genre ! 😆 8)

J’aurais pas du dire ca. Je t’en prie, tombe pas amoureuse. 😆 😆

I need learn this language. I will be there in 3 week on work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Greetings from Detroit’ is closed to new replies.