Happy Saturday, everyone!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Happy Saturday, everyone!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Claff
    Participant

The wife, these days, shoots far more than I do and usually it’s better – I concentrate on single-car shots, she shoots anything and everything.

Her gallery is http://www.eastseries.com/photos/070825kc/index.html

Oh yah she got one of me looking like I know what I’m doing (?)

SilverStag
    Participant

Izzat a Sigma 70-300?

swampa
    Participant

OK, I’m starting to feel really bad as all I did last weekend was sit on the couch an watch TV! 🙁

millera9
    Participant

I spent most of last weekend drunk. 😕

And you’re right Claff, she’s really freaking good. Does she ever enter the contests?

/Not to say yours aren’t good too, just… you know….

XenPix
    Participant

Great pictures by you both, shame about the cars though, eh? 😉

Claff
    Participant

Yes it is a Sigma 70-300, wicked wicked cheap but pretty good (which means my priorities are just about right). Got it as part of a two-lens set that included a 28-90 that I didn’t even need cause the two-lens kit was cheaper than most single 70-300 lenses I found.

The wife started shooting around the track a year or so back with our Canon G6 which is a pretty deluxe P&S so she just shot around the garage area and pit road. Last regular-season race of last year she stole my D100 (I am really a writer so I watch races from the pressbox) and shot trackside and got decent stuff – enough that she decided she wanted to do more. We picked her up a D70 and now she’s more popular at the track than I am. Nobody cares if I don’t post articles in a timely manner but if the pics don’t show up, boy do I hear it. She’s got a great eye and she’s fearless when it comes to approaching people, teams at work, stuff like that to get her shot.

She has expressed no interest in Farktography to this point. She’s a chick so she doesn’t think she should ‘get’ the whole Fark thing in the first place though I am trying to convince her otherwise.

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, she’s doing very well for a relative n00b! I understand not being interested in farktography since it is a very quirky, strange, downright silly community sometimes, but the people over here tend to be very nice and her stuff appears to be excellent so it’s not like we’re going to make fun of her. Either way, pass along the vibe that I, and others, were digging the photos you posted!

One of these days I’m going to make it out to one of the local tracks/car-shows/cruise nights and take some car photos. I’ve been meaning to do it forever and keep forgetting. I miss my gearhead youth!

/What kind of writing do you do?

Claff
    Participant

I do motorsports journalism on a pretty amateur level. “Joe took the lead on lap 18 while Bob hit pit road for four tires and gas” etc etc. The race reports go to a trade paper that covers the series I travel with (NASCAR Busch East). Then I do a some PR work for a half-dozen teams in the series, doing their sponsorship announcements and race recaps, web sites and other boring stuff. I used to write a lot more – quotes from all the top ten finishers, driver profiles, and other feature stories – but photography is a lot more fun and seems to be more popular with my site’s visitors.

XenPix
    Participant

Hey, there are a bunch of us chicks here, and like Millera9 said, (although not quite so directly) she’d be a fantastic addition and we’re not complete ogres.

😀

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Happy Saturday, everyone!’ is closed to new replies.