Hawaii trip / performance art event

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Hawaii trip / performance art event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Participant

So, Plama, about that air-mattress… I’m planning to take a trip to Honolulu in April, for a, um…, performance art event.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/259374244087188/
    It should be quite photogenic.
    What part of town (or country) are in?

Plamadude30k
    Participant

April looks pretty good right now, so I can’t see any reason why you couldn’t come stay. I live in the Manoa valley, basically right in the center of town, but back in the mountains from the city, so it’s a very quiet neighborhood. We’re a short walk from a bus stop that takes you downtown (and a little longer walk from the main university bus stop which operates later). I can give you an exact address in a PM if you like.

Yoyo
    Participant

I used to live in Moiliili on Kahoaloha St. just behind the co-op and preschool on King St. I know all about the bus route from there down to HCC in Dillingham. The real question is how is parking in your neighborhood? I’ve also got old friends in Kalihi valley and Wahiawa heights, so I need to make some more contacts and make a decision soon. Thanks.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Oh, we have a driveway. It’s quite narrow, but it’s long enough for three or four cars beyond mine (which I rarely take out), so you should be fine.

orionid
    Participant

Almost sounds like my buddy that lived in Punchbowl. I cheated and took a house up the Waiau Ridge in Aiea.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Almost sounds like my buddy that lived in Punchbowl. I cheated and took a house up the Waiau Ridge in Aiea.

That looks like a nice area. Also, from what I see online the rent is a lot cheaper than it is here. I do quite like Manoa, though. It’s nice and quiet, but just a 5 minute drive from the city.

Yoyo
    Participant

After Moiliili, my roommate bought a place in Makiki on Magazine St. on the ocean-side slope of Punchbowl crater, and we moved there. Makiki was nice. The roommate was close to his office and I was close to HCC. Also, the bus routes were better for where we went most often. And if you stood in the doorway to out apartment, and looked between the high-rises downtown, you could see the ocean.

My last vacation (R&R from Afghanistan) I stayed in Wahiawa Heights, and after a week of the mayor’s big yellow limo, I rented a ‘Stang convertible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hawaii trip / performance art event’ is closed to new replies.