hdr something [Hopper]

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes hdr something [Hopper]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Anyone want to do another hdr contest again? Was also thinking about stitching again but wasn’t sure if people would want to wait a little on that since we allowed stitching in the mountain, volcanoes and waterfalls contest a couple of months ago.

[This theme is in the hopper]

This will be HDR 4 –Kes

orionid
    Participant

Stitched 2 is already in the hopper, but I’d be up for another HDR theme.

+1

Yugoboy
    Participant

My experiments with hdr were not exactly winners… but this would be an excuse to practice and hope for a lucky shot.

+1

ennuipoet
    Participant

+1 (always up for HDR)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

With the hope that the stars & planets will align such that I’ll have an opportunity to play with it by the time the contest comes around (but with the pragmatic outlook of “at least I’ll get to see the neat work of others”)…
    +1

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’ll plus 1 it if it’s 4-6 months out. I’d rather see another software hootenanny before a strictly HDR.

lokisbong
    Participant

+1 Could use some practice

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’ll plus 1 it if it’s 4-6 months out. I’d rather see another software hootenanny before a strictly HDR.

I’m with you on the time-frame. Those of us in northern climes are entering winter, and while I’m sure there’s some real nice stuff that can be done in winter, I’d love to be able to have some spring-time to shoot in… it’s the nature of HDR that some of us would not be able to archive dive as you’d need more bracketed shots than some of us take.

Just a thought. We were able to push State Fair until after the appropriate season, how about this one?

I’ll second the software hootenany, as well, just to be able to do more with Photoshop than tweak and crop.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

+1, anytime.
    What is this ‘winter’ you all keep talking about?

Kestrana
    Participant

One of the things we talked about in the last rules revision for Themes was the 2 year waiting period between repeats of Classic themes. We could elect to make Software Hootenanny a once a year event, or once every 18 month event. Stitching 2 is in the hopper as mentioned. HDR was done not too long ago, so if this gets enough votes, under the current rules we would have to wait until that date to schedule it again.

Kestrana
    Participant

I’ll also point out that this HDR (2nd place last HDR contest) was taken in the winter, so I don’t think it should be a seasonal contest:

Winter Sun at Bluff Point State Park, Groton in HDR by kestrana, on Flickr

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

What is this ‘winter’ you all keep talking about?

1. Open door to freezer.
    2. Fully insert head.
    3. Close your eyes and imagine 4-5 months of that, except add random days-long periods of 10-20mph winds.
    4. With head still fully inserted, repeatedly slam freezer door as punishment for throwing it in our faces that you live in paradise! 😛

Seriously, though, how are things at your new digs? Settled in and enjoying life?

linguine
    Participant

One of the things we talked about in the last rules revision for Themes was the 2 year waiting period between repeats of Classic themes. We could elect to make Software Hootenanny a once a year event, or once every 18 month event. Stitching 2 is in the hopper as mentioned. HDR was done not too long ago, so if this gets enough votes, under the current rules we would have to wait until that date to schedule it again.

The last hdr was in april 2010 and with 32 contests already in the hopper theres plenty of stuff waiting to get scheduled before hdr, so it shouldn’t be hard for this to happen 2 years after the last one.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Seriously, though, how are things at your new digs? Settled in and enjoying life?

Pretty darn great, being a grad student is awesome, and being here is doubly so. Basically, winter here just means bigger waves and better surfing. Can’t wait to get out to the north shore in December to see some of the big surfing competitions.

Ahem. Sorry for the threadjack. I would certainly support doing the Hootenany as an annual theme. It would be nice if we could space it evenly with the other perennials (e.g. farktography anniversary, the holidays, seasonal themes, etc.).

Kestrana
    Participant

The last hdr was in april 2010 and with 32 contests already in the hopper theres plenty of stuff waiting to get scheduled before hdr, so it shouldn’t be hard for this to happen 2 years after the last one.

Yeah I’m not worried that it would come up any time soon, but since some people expressed an interest in the theme only if it was some ways off, I figured I would point out that it would be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘hdr something [Hopper]’ is closed to new replies.