Headline Format

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

veruca, GalleyWench, monkeybort (and anyone else who submits the weekly link):

In my quest to automate more and more with the FSM, I’d like to formally request that the Headline for the weekly theme adhere to a standard pattern. It already does; I’m just hoping to lock it down.

Right now, the pattern seems to be ‘Theme of Farktography Context No. XX: “theme goes here“. (and then the “link goes to” message)’. If we could keep the actual theme in QUOTES, that would be swell. It makes it very easy to extract the theme for automation.

Like I said, its been like that for a while now.

thanks!

Klahanie
    Participant

Works for me. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all your work on the stats thingy. 🙂

schnee
    Participant

Works for me. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all your work on the stats thingy. 🙂

You are all very welcome. It turns out to be a nice blend of my vocation and my avocation, so it is my pleasure.

Have you see the one-hit-wonders report? Howabout the spotlight feature? I can probably be bribed for spotlight spots…

Hm… “stats thingy”… hmmm … a renaming may be in order…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, your FSM/Stats thingy just gets more and more interesting! As someone who hasn’t had to mess with statistics since grad school, I’m very glad it isn’t me churning them out, but also glad to see your results 😉 Great work with it 🙂

Btw, would it at all be possible to switch my name in your database from WenchyWoman to Elsinore? Not sure how big a headache that would create, especially with whatever level of automation you currently have set things up…

monkeybort
    Participant

i won’t be posting the boobies for a bit, but keeping the format the same is no problem whatsoever.

and thank you so much for keeping track of all that, my head wants to explode just thinking about attempting to put that together.

monkeybort
    Participant

Have you see the one-hit-wonders report? Howabout the spotlight feature? I can probably be bribed for spotlight spots…

thank you for the spotlight, schnee!! very very cool.

schnee
    Participant

Btw, would it at all be possible to switch my name in your database from WenchyWoman to Elsinore?

Already done. I saw your name-change and wondered how the FSM would handle it. Badly, it turns out – doubled counted your entries. Works now. Wait a couple of hours for the update to be deployed (5pm CST right now).

thank you for the spotlight, schnee!! very very cool.

I wish I did something to deserve the thanks – you were selected fairly randomly. Its all in the FSM FAQ, but basically, the more entries-with-at-least-one-vote you have, the more chances you have for a spotlight. Anyway, your time in the spotlight will likely expire when I do tonight’s update (it is possible to be reselected immediately, but unlikely).

monkeybort
    Participant

well, regardless of the method, it’s cool to see all my entries and stats and whatnot.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Already done. I saw your name-change and wondered how the FSM would handle it. Badly, it turns out – doubled counted your entries. Works now. Wait a couple of hours for the update to be deployed (5pm CST right now).

Thank you so much!!

schnee
    Participant

well, regardless of the method, it’s cool to see all my entries and stats and whatnot.

Yeah, I can hardly wait for schnee to be spotlighted…

Seriously, however, I know I’ve been teasing you all about doing Farktographer searches. Consider the spotlight a preview. It still may be a while, however.

veruca
    Participant

Amen. I don’t know how much time you’ve put into the project but you’ve made it so easy for us to interpret the data. If we ever meet in person your first refreshing drink of choice is on me 🙂

schnee
    Participant

If we ever meet in person your first refreshing drink of choice is on me 🙂

Aw, shucks….I’d be happy to drink a tasty beverage with you.

The FSM is now updated daily, with a fresh set of spotlighters choosen each night (assuming that the biggest threat doesn’t manifest). So check-in often to see if your favorite Farktographer is in the spotlight!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nice! Great work with it!

For what it’s worth, we also have a 15 month old little threat. Hubby’s poor machine has been turned off too many times to count, and the UPS has been smacked once bringing down our entire network in one fell swoop. Ah the joys of a toddler, eh? 🙄 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Headline Format’ is closed to new replies.