Heads Up–Rules Clarification/Updates

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Heads Up–Rules Clarification/Updates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just giving everyone a heads up that we’ve revised the Farktography rules slightly for clarification. You can find them on the “The Rules” link/page to the left, but the changes are as follows:

–Added a note that entries must be photographs, and screen captures do not count as photographs

–Clarified that your three entries only need to be different compositions, as opposed to the previous wording which suggested multiple photographs with the same subject could be disqualified.

–Clarified that spot treatments for sensor, scan, or film dust/scratches are acceptable.

–Added verbiage that acceptable modification tools should only be used to the extent that the result is realistic, as opposed to cranking up things like saturation or contrast to the point where the photograph looks cartoonish.

Please make sure you understand the rules. This is mostly just an effort to clarify things and cut down on potential for misunderstandings. If anyone has any questions about what might be acceptable or unacceptable, please let us know!

schnee
    Participant

On the how to participate page, there’s a broken image.

Attached is an image of the broken image. I imagine that I have the necessary permissions to fix this, but I’m not sure what the fix is.

zeke
    Participant

It’s fixed. You do have the rights — on the second menu on the left, click the link marked ‘Static HTML Pages’, and edit page ID 1, title ‘How-to participate’. Elsinore had asked how to do a preformatted field, and without thinking I told her to use the

tag. Well.. postnuke/openstar is configured to block that tag by default. So, it ignored the 
     tag, kept going with the  tag, and so you saw the broken link. Fix was to change the 
     to use the &lt/gt; notation. Edit, save, done 🙂
    Curious
    Participant

well i’m glad that’s cleared up 🙂

millera9
    Participant

Quick question:

Is a stitched panorama of 3 pictures acceptable in a normal contest? I have a panorama I’d like to submit for tomorrow night but I’m not sure if that’s legal or not. It was made with the autostitch program that GalleyWench linked for the stitching contest coming up. Thanks for the help!

-Miller

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it probably wouldn’t be kosher for regular contests since you’re combining what amounts to multiple exposures into a larger picture. That’s my interpretation, though–hopefully someone else can weigh in.

millera9
    Participant

Yup, that’s what I figured, but I just thought I’d ask. I’ll save it for the stitching contest…. maybe….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Heads Up–Rules Clarification/Updates’ is closed to new replies.