How to Win Friends and Influence Theme Choices

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes How to Win Friends and Influence Theme Choices

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Now we just need a thread about how to win threads and influence voters.

PandyFarmer
    Participant

Now we just need a thread about how to win threads and influence voters.

[like]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looking at the list currently in the Hopper, I’m beginning to wonder if we need to bump up to 10 votes instead of 9 for scheduling…

Kestrana
    Participant

Our recent discussions about themes and scheduling has seemed to increase participation here (which is good) but hasn’t resulted in any slowing of themes into the hopper (which is sort of good but also means lots of good ideas wait for awhile and lose their enthusiasm). If we do change the rules to 10 though, I think it should be 10 across the board for both Classic and new themes. I really like Classic themes and we haven’t greenlit any since the new system went in.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d be good with that.

lokisbong
    Participant

I am also good with 10 votes for any theme suggestion classic or not. In the other discussion I said for non classics but all is good.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So do we want to bring up the 9 vote themes for an extra vote each or just grandfather them in and switch to 10 from here on out?

sleeping
    Participant

Have you considered dropping the “This theme expires in a week” posts? I think they just make people feel sorry for the theme and vote for it more….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You may be onto something, there, sleeping.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Have you considered dropping the “This theme expires in a week” posts? I think they just make people feel sorry for the theme and vote for it more….

I was going to say this also. Mods probably shouldn’t bump dying theme suggestions. Let them die a natural death and if someone wants to resurrect them with a different wording so be it. I also see no reason not to bump it to 10 votes for hopperization.

Kestrana
    Participant

I don’t think that’s true at all. Although they have gotten some votes, we have greenlit maybe 1 thread that got bumped. Sometimes people miss threads.

But if you want to drop that then I think the threshold to get critical mass should be shorter. A lot shorter. Like 30 days and then it goes poof.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm, if the data doesn’t support the hypothesis, then we can leave that be. I wouldn’t be averse to shortening the threshold though.

Kestrana
    Participant

Sounds like it’s poll time. I’ll set one up.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I think the data doesn’t support the hypothesis because if a suggestion has enough interest it usually gets enough votes right away and gets hoppered. Whereas the ones that don’t get a lot of votes tend to languish there until they are bumped, then they seem to pick up a sympathy vote or two. I think the 30 day limit is a good one. If a suggested theme doesn’t get the votes after 30 days it likely never would without some serious prodding and pushing.

Kestrana
    Participant

Updated for new rules changes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Win Friends and Influence Theme Choices’ is closed to new replies.