I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

was this amazing album of images including our very own orionid and linguine!

https://plus.google.com/photos/105409001356827017587/albums/5702442893124475985

More are still out there to be added. I’m not even done with my HDRs myself

lokisbong
    Participant

Damn there are a lot of great pictures in that album. Looks like you all had fun. I wonder if there are any people around here who would be willing to do a photowalk? gonna have to find out somehow.

chupathingie
    Participant

heh.. I like the circular group portrait. Hard to not smile looking at that.

And wow, lots of sights on that trip!

chupathingie
    Participant

Damn there are a lot of great pictures in that album. Looks like you all had fun. I wonder if there are any people around here who would be willing to do a photowalk? gonna have to find out somehow.

Yaknow, we have enough folks within say, six hours of anyfreakinwhere in NM or southern CO to pull off a 2-3 day hike/camp/day/night group photojourney.

And I just got an extra week’s vacation this year to burn somehow…

edit:Taos and the surrounding area could be a lot of fun.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Yaknow, we have enough folks within say, six hours of anyfreakinwhere in NM or southern CO to pull off a 2-3 day hike/camp/day/night group photojourney.

And I just got an extra week’s vacation this year to burn somehow…

Hey, that’s my old stamping grounds. If the timing is just right, I might be able to tag along too, if I’m visiting home.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well hopefully I find a job and can get the time off if this idea happens. Right now I couldn’t fund a trip to the next town let alone a different state.

linguine
    Participant

You forgot beer, we got a bunch of that too.

Kestrana
    Participant

True. But that kinda goes without saying.

Farktographer
    Participant

When did it become acceptable to do anything remotely related to Fark and not have a BAC of at least .04?

orionid
    Participant

When did it become acceptable to do anything remotely related to Fark and not have a BAC of at least .04?

When I started farking on my cellphone while driving.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I was born in DC and lived in/around the it for 40 years before moving to the Left Coast, so it was nice to see photos from all around the city. The first thought I had is that I miss spending time in DC, it really is a wonderful place. And the second though was, “Holy hell, that’s a lot of ground to cover in a ‘walk’!” It would be interesting to show the places you got to on a map since I don’t think people who aren’t from the area realize how much you traveled to get that group of locations. The metro shots probably give a clue as to how you made that happen. 🙂

And finally, the results are impressive on multiple levels. It’s nice to see a group of people having fun doing something creative that’s often a solitary pursuit. And I loved seeing all the different perspectives and treatments from the various photographers, sometimes of the exact same location/subject. When collected together like that it really does feel like a photo documentary of an event.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

And finally, the results are impressive on multiple levels. It’s nice to see a group of people having fun doing something creative that’s often a solitary pursuit. And I loved seeing all the different perspectives and treatments from the various photographers, sometimes of the exact same location/subject. When collected together like that it really does feel like a photo documentary of an event.

Yep, what Choc said. Really nice set of photos and looks like a fun time was had by all.

It’d be more than 6 hrs for me, but depending on, well frankly, a lot of things but timing primarily, I might be interested in such an endeavor. Always wanted to explore more of NM.

Another alternative that I’ve suggested half-heartedly before but am sincerely interested in with the right group of folks (i.e., folks like chup that know what they’re doing with astrophotography and from which I could learn a thing or two) is the Okie-Tex Star Party that’s held every year in the OK panhandle. Supposedly some of the darkest skies in the lower 48.

ravnostic
    Participant

I love Jennifer Eden’s “Technicolor Decay” the most (on initial inspection; haven’t got the time to look more thouroughly right now.) lokisbong; Google Plus. You’ll find walking companions there.

If anyone’s in the Phx area next Saturday (the 11th), a bunch of us are going to Cave Creek for one. They are a blast!

lokisbong
    Participant

I am on Google+ and the only three people it thinks are near me are in Arizona. lol. Do you have better search ideas than putting in Tonopah Nevada photographers or central Nevada photographers?

orionid
    Participant

I am on Google+ and the only three people it thinks are near me are in Arizona. lol. Do you have better search ideas than putting in Tonopah Nevada photographers or central Nevada photographers?

Network. Add me, Kestrana, Olavf…. Ah, hell….. I’ll send you a bunch of recommendations. Participate in the daily themes and the chats/hangouts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…’ is closed to new replies.