I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

What Orionid said. Follow Scott Jarvie and wait for a Nevada photowalk (he brings with him a super large following.)

chupathingie
    Participant

Yaknow, we have enough folks within say, six hours of anyfreakinwhere in NM or southern CO to pull off a 2-3 day hike/camp/day/night group photojourney.
    edit:Taos and the surrounding area could be a lot of fun.

It’d be more than 6 hrs for me, but depending on, well frankly, a lot of things but timing primarily, I might be interested in such an endeavor. Always wanted to explore more of NM.

Another alternative that I’ve suggested half-heartedly before but am sincerely interested in with the right group of folks (i.e., folks like chup that know what they’re doing with astrophotography and from which I could learn a thing or two) is the Okie-Tex Star Party that’s held every year in the OK panhandle. Supposedly some of the darkest skies in the lower 48.

One of these days I’ll actually be able to spend some $ on a tube assembly and mount, but for now I think I’m gonna blow my income tax refund on one of these and maybe a 2x extender for the DSLR. And you’re right, the desert SW has a lot of very nice holes in the light pollution map. I was amazed at being able to see the entire little dipper from inside town 1000′ away from a lit-up soccer field. I’d like to do the Okie-Tex thing, I’m only a little more than a couple hours from anywhere in the OK panhandle. Maybe we need to start up a thread dedicated to the idea and see who’s interested. I could easily manage a week in July, which is great timing for DSOs (the Milky Way’s central bulge is highest in the southern sky about that time) and we wouldn’t freeze after dark like the rest of the year out here.

Kestrana
    Participant

Choc-Ful-A we actually walked the whole way. It was about 5 miles total.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘I Hosted a DC Photowalk and all I Got…’ is closed to new replies.