I received some awesome (and shocking) news!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery I received some awesome (and shocking) news!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kashari
    Participant

On a whim, I entered a few of my horse photos into a juried competition and was shocked to receive an email saying that one placed 3rd and the other was also selected as an honorable mention type of thing. I even avoided opening the email until in the afternoon because I was sure it was a ‘try again next time’ and didn’t want to start my day off in a bad mood! 😆

Both are posted on their website and will be published in their book. The 3rd place image is also in the Art Horse Magazine for this quarter.

I figured since this was an International competition that I’d have NO chance, so I didn’t even title them when I submitted. Luckily, they let me add titles before things were published. 😳

They were the two I used in the Software Hootenanny contest and are displayed at the link below (altho the one is kind of stretched for some reason on their site, but is correct in the mag & book):

http://www.arthorsemagazine.com/exarte4/gallery_digital4.html

book preview:

http://www.blurb.com/books/2025190 (mine are on pgs 91 & 97) but there are so many beautiful images, some of the drawings blow me away and I LOVE the cover!

I’m still in shock! 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

Your horse pictures excite me every time. You have a real gift for them, and deserve every bit of recognition.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, that’s awesome!

kashari
    Participant

Your horse pictures excite me every time. You have a real gift for them, and deserve every bit of recognition.

Thanks Rav! They really are so fun to photograph, I just wish I had a few of my own. I had an Appaloosa when I was younger and that’s where the name ‘Kashari’ comes from.

Farktographer
    Participant

Congrats! That’s some really exciting news

clouddancer
    Participant

Definitely a congrats from me, too. I’ve always loved horses, but never got that into them (never got riding lessons or anything). I LOVE your horse pictures, and your love for them comes out in your photos. I say ditto on Rav‘s statement, but I don’t want to seem a copycat.

kashari
    Participant

Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments, it means A LOT!! 🙂

I really need to organize & update my galleries, but here are some more horse/Western Art links on my site:

http://debrasabeck.zenfolio.com/p286462330#h1db65c04

http://debrasabeck.zenfolio.com/westernart#h23a0110c

ravnostic
    Participant

#5380; how did you get the anti-vignetting?

#5422 and “The Dance”, did you use a special filter to get those rays eminating away from the subject? (I ask as I’m working on the Darlot Project, bringing 1879 glass to my 2005 EOS.)

orionid
    Participant

Sha-zaam! Congrats, that’s awesome.

Kestrana
    Participant

Very nice Kashari, big congrats!

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool. I also add my congrats to the Crowd.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I figured since this was an International competition that I’d have NO chance, so I didn’t even title them when I submitted.

I’m not at all surprised you did so well. You are really incredibly talented, don’t let anyone else tell you different! Congrats on this, I’m so happy for you!

linguine
    Participant

Congratulations, I loved those shots.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Always good to hear that one of our number is successful. Well done!

Curious
    Participant

congratulations. well earned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘I received some awesome (and shocking) news!’ is closed to new replies.