Impressive

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Impressive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/blog_index.html

At three thousand dollars priced reasonably, I thought.

Not that I will be jumping to the Nikon ship, but still an impressive piece of gear.

Kestrana
    Participant

“readers looking to snag a lightly used d700 should be on high alert”. Yes. Yes. Yes. I really want a d700 especially since sleeping got one.

Farktographer
    Participant

If I had the 3k to spend, I’d be a kid the morning before Christmas right now. Keeping an eye on d700 listings, though I doubt they’ll drop much – Nikons rarely do :-/

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Has anyone heard any news about a Canon answer to this; i.e., a new 5d model?

Farktographer
    Participant

Has anyone heard any news about a Canon answer to this; i.e., a new 5d model?

Last news I heard from Canon concerning this was a joint filing with Kodak for bankruptcy.

😆

/Too soon?
    //Now I feel bad for Kodak again…

staplermofo
    Participant

The mentioned a 120mp aps-h sensor a while back. They probably set it on fire and lit their platinum crack pipes with it though. DAMN YOU CANON!!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Last news I heard from Canon concerning this was a joint filing with Kodak for bankruptcy.

Why you, if you weren’t across the pond I’d come over there and apply a thorough beating with my cane (assuming you’d hold still long enough; I don’t want to overexert myself). 😈

chupathingie
    Participant

Much as I love large landscape prints, I think I’ll be sticking with this 5DII even if Canon comes up with a competitor. On the other hand, if I ever get my pennies in a pile and buy some good glass (read:RF Royce Conical mirror) I could certainly use the added pixel count…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Where I was coming from is that I’ve about got myself talked into a 5D. Got the Mrs onboard for it, so it’s really just a matter of wrapping up my current project so that I’d actually have time to use it. And I’d hate to drop that kinda coin on it only to find out that a new improved version is coming out shortly thereafter.

Kestrana
    Participant

Considering Nikon just released info for both the 4D and D800 in the last month, Canon is going to need to release details about something soon, or risk losing out as both these cameras are getting great reviews so far from testers.

Yoyo
    Participant

I thought that Canon just shipped the new 1D Mk IV. And at only $5k, it’s a steal over the street prices for the Mk III. But peculiarly, it only has 16 MP (compared w/ 21MP on the MkIII and D5MkII, or 18MP on the Rebel T2i & T3i) and an APS-H sensor (compared w/ 35mm).

ennuipoet
    Participant

Canon Rumors says we should expect a new 5D to drop in March or April,

http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-5d-mark-iii/

The specs are not set in stone, but it should be something along the lines mentioned in the link.

orionid
    Participant

I’ll take two.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks for the info, ennui. If it holds true, that’s about perfect for my timeline. We’ve got a trip in July for our 25th anniversary, so that was pretty much my “if you’re gonna do it, do it by then” date.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, it’s here and available for pre-order. In addition to whatever other improvements/changes, they apparently removed the on-camera flash and increased the price to $3500. The flash, not so big a deal. The $1K increase in price over the 5DII – really big freaking deal. WT-F’ing-F?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Impressive’ is closed to new replies.