Impressive

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Impressive

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Well, it’s here and available for pre-order. In addition to whatever other improvements/changes, they apparently removed the on-camera flash and increased the price to $3500. The flash, not so big a deal. The $1K increase in price over the 5DII – really big freaking deal. WT-F’ing-F?

I thought the 5D never had an On Camera Flash. Clearly the increased price reflects the In Camera HDR mode, which will revolutionize Farktography forever! Now that we can do it in camera, HDR will RULE THE WORLD!!!! BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Seriously, there some improvements the AF points, the new processor, do I think a thousand bucks worth? Not really. The more things they pour on a new camera the less and less it makes sense to me. I rarely take my camera out of Manual Mode, more and more I am manual focusing (though a lot of that is my main lens is getting a little buggy in the AF department and I don’t see replacing it any time soon) and I don’t shoot video (or have any desire to do so) so the only reason I might want the new 5D is because it is a status symbol. (But what a beautiful status symbol!)

Over at the Online Photographer ( http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2012/03/gaaaaaaaahhh-its-here.html) Mike makes a car comparison (Mike likes the Ow-Toh-Moh-Beels) and it made me realize that cameras are cars for me. I have NEVER been a “Car Guy” when I had a car I didn’t take very good care of it, never drooled over the fancy ones, never put armor all on the tires…you know, stuff guys do with cars. But cameras, well I’ve got all my Old Ones which I baby, and I LOVE the newest model, even if I can’t afford it, I drool over it. I always thought I was immune to the whole “Car Envy” thing, turns out I just replaced one over priced penis compensation device with another.

Do NOT make me show you how big my lens is!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Too freaking funny, ennui. Have you been into the Jamesons again? 🙂

I wasn’t sure about the flash on the 5DII – I saw something mentioned in the comments section about it disappearing on this model. There are also all kinds of comments about the features you mention and how those make it a fairly significant upgrade, so I guess I can understand a little increase, but that’s a 40% increase, fer cryin’ out loud!

chupathingie
    Participant

I have a 5DII, and can confirm that it has no on-board flash. The big thing I see in the MKIII over the MKII is 2 additional stops of ISO range, which is pretty impressive. The resolution is greater, but not by much. On-board HDR? that really depends on what it looks like… if it looks all HDR-ish, no thanks. If it’s done right and still looks real, then maybe.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Too freaking funny, ennui. Have you been into the Jamesons again? 🙂

Sadly no, working in the morning, Sunday evening however… 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Impressive’ is closed to new replies.