In Print!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

I’ve been shooting for a few local theatre troupes, and some of my stuff has been in the local newspapers as promotional material.

This one was in three local papers at the time of the performance:

The Phoenix New Times carried it, and still has their archive online.

I was a bit late posting to today’s Farktography contest because I’ve been dealing with a deluge of e-mail I’d shot a series of zed-card images for Michael on Monday, and then this appeared today… I’m told it’s been online for a few days, but that it went out in the print version today. A lot of the actors from those troupes have been calling me to schedule some shoots.

olavf
    Participant

Awesome! Congrats man!

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool!
    I have had one picture linked on a website with a funny caption. I forgot to bookmark it though and currently am on the cheap version of Flickr so I can’t look up where the traffic is coming from. Plus another lady just asked if she could use one of my pictures for a travel website that focuses on northern California. http://www.discovernortherncalifornia.com/ She hasn’t done it yet but I said she could.

ravnostic
    Participant

Excellent!! I saw this on the ‘best of’ page; had no idea, of course, it was your work. Nice job!

LeicaLens
    Participant

Good stuff!

caradoc
    Participant

Excellent!! I saw this on the ‘best of’ page; had no idea, of course, it was your work. Nice job!

If you’re a regular reader of the AZ Republic/AZCentral or Phoenix New Times, they usually have something of mine in the “Entertainment” or “Arts and Leisure” sections four or more times per season:

AZCentral

Phoenix New Times

I’m just stoked about Michael Peck’s selection for the “Best Actor We’d Like to See on the Big Screen” – he deserves it.

ravnostic
    Participant

We’ll have to get together sometime for some shooting. I could probably learn a lot from you. You, from me, probably not so much. Perhaps I could entice you with my telescope one night; I’ve got the light pollution reducer filter now; can’t wait to see what I can do with it (supposed to darken the background noise, improve contrast of nebulae and such). Besides looking ‘up’, I’d be interested in seeing what a cityscape looks like at night with a filter designed to block 98% of those same city lights. Need a higher viewpoint than my parent’s AJ back yard, however. If you happen to have a EF lens model Canon camera, then we could even use your body as it would be compatible to my telescope adapter.

All this reminds me I need to dig up my car lighter power adapter for remote scoping…

orionid
    Participant

Kewlness
    +1

clusterfrak
    Participant

Really good work I love the lighting

caradoc
    Participant

If you happen to have a EF lens model Canon camera, then we could even use your body as it would be compatible to my telescope adapter.

All this reminds me I need to dig up my car lighter power adapter for remote scoping…

1) I shoot Nikon – but I have a T-mount adapter for it.

2) I have a portable power pack that’ll provide 110V/60Hz/300W for a while.

So, yeah, we could probably do something.

ravnostic
    Participant

1-1/4″ on the adapter? If so, we’re in business. I have located my battery power supply, but so long as we have a car with a cigarette lighter, we can do that as well (the batteries are nice as you don’t have to deal with cord wrap issues. Either will last a whole night, though having the computer GPS system, it doesn’t take that long to see most of what’s up there; only a little longer to photograph it.)

It would need to be either before the monsoon starts, or after; I don’t risk my one and only super nice toy to the desert wind-blown elements. Though I think from a safe urban environment, with the LPR filter, some up-close shots of some super-distant lightning could be very kewl.

As is, telescope setup is f/10, but the reducer can bring it to f/6.3. I’ll test things out next Tues. night (conjunction of Jupiter/Uranus Wed. Morning) and see how everything works. I’ll let you know, maybe we can do something. Any other Az. farktographers? Seems I remember one who posted some excellent lightning shots, but as that’s your forte, that might have been you.

caradoc
    Participant

Not sure about other Arizona Farktographers, but there’s a sizable contingent of the Arizona Strobists.

Kestrana
    Participant

Congrats!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nice! Congrats, caradoc!

caradoc
    Participant

Thanks, everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘In Print!’ is closed to new replies.