In the interest of transparency–The Ban Hammer

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill In the interest of transparency–The Ban Hammer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I suspect this won’t break any hearts, but aprillove20 has now gained the dubious distinction of being the second user we’ve banned outright on Farktography.net. This name is associated with spam accts on other sites with similar behavior–posting vague, barely (or not at all) relevant messages and not actually interacting with anyone in any real way. I’ve also taken the liberty of removing the link to the photo course s/he appeared to be hawking in her/his sig line. Not gonna do any favors by allowing that link to garner traffic from here.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thank you. I was willing to give the benefit of doubt as a possible English-as-a-second-language speaker, but when your recent direct query went unanswered, I think it became obvious. It was getting really tedious to come to the site and find tons of “new” comments all made by this person to years-old threads and then have to visit each one to clear the new comment indicators.

ennuipoet
    Participant

SWING MIGHTY HAMMER OF THE MODS! Call forth the thunder, bring down the lightening!

Kestrana
    Participant

The zombiethon shall not continue. All hail mod Elsinore!

linguine
    Participant

But her comments almost made sense sometimes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I stopped just short of completely deleting her (which would have deleted her comments too, I think), so we could look back and lol.

ravnostic
    Participant

I was just looking at her 38 comments last night, trying to figure out her gimmick. No tears are shed from my laptop.

orionid
    Participant

+1

nobigdeal
    Participant

I stopped just short of completely deleting her (which would have deleted her comments too, I think), so we could look back and lol.

LOL!

lokisbong
    Participant

+100

Curious
    Participant

good move Elsinore and no loss to farktography.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I was just looking at her 38 comments last night, trying to figure out her gimmick. No tears are shed from my laptop.

Yeah, I couldn’t quite make “it” out. I mean, if it was trying to push the photo course linked to, it could have tried way harder. I wondered if it was some sort of computer guy’s bot experiment, which might explain the strange English. I never found it too be particularly malicious, just annoying.

/edited once to make sense

chupathingie
    Participant

wow… my intarwebs take a dump for a few days and I miss all the fun.

/always happy to see spammers disappear

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘In the interest of transparency–The Ban Hammer’ is closed to new replies.