Skip to toolbar

Is there an Intellectual Property Attorney in the house?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Is there an Intellectual Property Attorney in the house?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

A little over a year ago, I introduced the FSM’s portfolios to Farktography, describing how to retrieve a named Farktographer’s portfolio.

Slashdot had coverage today of an Amazon patent that seems to describe what I’m doing.

Prior art? Am I infringing? Or completely unrelated? Is there an Intellectual Property Attorney present?

staplermofo
    Participant

This calls for a TFD. There are at least two people on there that specialize in this.

If you sue Amazon and get millions of dollars, remember me.

swampa
    Participant

As a legal representative for Amazon, all I have to say is gimme, gimme, gimme!! 😛

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. It looks like there a mountain of prior art out there that should make it impossible for Amazon to do anything with this patent (Mod_rewrite came out in 1996, about 8 years before this patent was registered)

schnee
    Participant

Off to TFD I go…soon.

swampa, I read the /. thread which echoes what you said. My anxiety is eased (not that I ever had much anyway).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The entire patent process is broken, pure and simple. Reading through the /. stuff, I agree it sounds like Amazon won’t be able to defend the patent. I don’t know what the answer is, but patent law and procedures need to be completely gutted and overhauled…

schnee
    Participant

patent law and procedures need to be completely gutted and overhauled…

Roger that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.