Just Wow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

It’s been a roller coaster week. I just lost my job for some really BS reasons, but my boss gave me a nice severance because even he knew the reasons were BS. I’m taking a week or so off just to collect my head. So, today I go to the Bronx Zoo. I am walking through the Congo Exhibit and catch this shot. I get off two exposures before some kids pounds on the glass and breaks the moment completely. God…I love this shot! It may be the best thing I’ve ever done. So, one the hand, I am unemployed, on the other because I am unemployed, I was able to take this.

ETA: Here is the link to the set
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuipoet/sets/72157627007392646/with/5854120168/

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, that really is an awesome shot. Congrats… and condolences on your job situation. That part sucks. Best wishes on the new job search.

lokisbong
    Participant

Bummer about the job. Good luck finding another real fast.
    Great Shot!

chupathingie
    Participant

Beautiful shot!

And yeah, echoes on the hopes that the unemployment line turns out to be a short gig. 🙁 I suppose that you’re in a large metro area is a good thing in this regard, hopefully there are more opportunities.

Farktographer
    Participant

Wow. Just, wow. Amazing shot – very impressed here.

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s a stunning shot. Best of luck in the job hunt. (my company, Microchip, is still hiring–temp to perm–if you happen to be in the Phx or Gresham, OR area).

orionid
    Participant

It’s because of the Xray shot, isn’t it? My bad, man. On the bright side, I know a bunch of places that are hiring, you’ll just have to wait until I have a job before I can recommend you – that way we’re not competing.

Seriously, though. Job thing suxors…. This photo rocks like a stones reunion tour.

ennuipoet
    Participant

It’s because of the Xray shot, isn’t it? My bad, man.

You kidding? My boss LOVED that shot! 🙂 I will probably actually continue to work for him on a Freelance basis for creative stuff. Also, I picked up a gig shooting food for a friend of mine. So, things are not so bad.

I am playing with the idea of trying to pick up work shooting corporate events and such. It is low drudgery with all of the excitement of watching paint dry but it is paying work in photography that I am A)Qualified for and B) Have the equipment to do. I am really hesitant to try to actually WORK as a photographer…it scares the crap out of me. But I am thinking about it.

linguine
    Participant

Beautiful shot, good luck on the job thing.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Dude… good luck and all… you know we’re pulling for you.
    Let me know if you need/want to relocate upstate (you know how far upstate I mean…)

On the other hand, I am totally jealous of that shot. Sweet!

Kestrana
    Participant

You can come stay with us for approximately, uh, 12 days. Ish.

yrkddn
    Participant

Great shot! And the possibility of Photography as income stream is very cool. Best of luck!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Just Wow’ is closed to new replies.