Kodak Kills Slide Films

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Kodak Kills Slide Films

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! First Kodachrome, now Ektachrome?

pleasedontletfujiquitmakingvelviapleasedontletfujiquitmakingvelviapleasedontletfujiquitmakingvelvia…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Shiat, Ektacrhome is gone? I just started shooting film seriously. Guess I’d better stock up if I want to try it out ever. I hope Fuji keeps on going with Velvia, it’s amazing.

chupathingie
    Participant

Being a digital guy, but an admirer of film from way back in the day… I can’t say this is unexpected, but I consider it a loss to the art. I hope there will be niche hobbyists who provide substitutes for it…it’s gonna be pricey.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Reversal films have been sliding into oblivion for years, since the 90’s at least. Kodak stopped making the Carousel in 2004 but sales were off long before that. When I was a kid people shot slides of their vacation and the cliches were true, they showed them to people when the returned. By the time I grew up, a stack of 4×5 prints was how people showed off the vacation and now, links on FB.

My slide experience was in HS, where we learned how to process Ektar and mount them but never I really did it afterwards. Still, it’s a sad day for Photography when these fade away.

Farktographer
    Participant

Shiat, Ektacrhome is gone? I just started shooting film seriously. Guess I’d better stock up if I want to try it out ever. I hope Fuji keeps on going with Velvia, it’s amazing.

You and me, both. I just started getting more into film and was considering getting a film SLR. Shame for this to slide away.

Yoyo
    Participant

I still remember being a kid and the whole family visiting friends of our parents for dinner and a slide viewing of their most recent vacation photos. Of course, Harry and Lucile both passed away a few years ago. He was a telephone repairman and had a nice pension from Ma Bell. I guess this is just one more disappearance that signals the end of an era.

/Get off my lawn.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Kodak Kills Slide Films’ is closed to new replies.