Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Did you know that the Farktographer with the most number of votes is CaptainJim with 1576? Followed by veruca with 1542?

Did you know that 1905 individual Farktographers have submitted 7910 farktographs that eventually got at least one vote?

Or that the top three vote-getting entries are:

VOTES |FARKTOGRAPHER |THEME
    120 |neonstz |Seen Better Days
    119 |chakalakasp |Look To The Skies
    96 |yeimi |Self Portraits

Or that the themes with the most total votes cast are

TOTALVOTES |THEME
    4984 |Look To The Skies
    3164 |Night Time Photography
    3016 |Black and White Photography

What other stats would you all like to see? I’m slowing assembling a Farktography Statistics Monitor along the lines of the Fark Photoshop Monitor and am soliciting requirements. My vision is for a bunch of static pages that will show data such as the above, along with some charts (’cause, you know, its me), with links to contests, images, &c. Maybe even some searches (e.g. “lets see ‘schnee’s stats), but dynamicism may kill my poor cable modem so we will see.

I’m going “dark” for a few days but I’ll check back in and scoop up the thoughts (if any).

veruca
    Participant

Did you know that the Farktographer with the most number of votes is CaptainJim with 1576? Followed by veruca with 1542?

I think I just swallowed my gum. Your raw data fascinates me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Did you know that 1905 individual Farktographers have submitted 7910 farktographs that eventually got at least one vote?

Or that the top three vote-getting entries are:

VOTES |FARKTOGRAPHER |THEME
    120 |neonstz |Seen Better Days
    119 |chakalakasp |Look To The Skies
    96 |yeimi |Self Portraits

Or that the themes with the most total votes cast are

TOTALVOTES |THEME
    4984 |Look To The Skies
    3164 |Night Time Photography
    3016 |Black and White Photography

What other stats would you all like to see? I’m slowing assembling a Farktography Statistics Monitor along the lines of the Fark Photoshop Monitor and am soliciting requirements. My vision is for a bunch of static pages that will show data such as the above, along with some charts (’cause, you know, its me), with links to contests, images, &c. Maybe even some searches (e.g. “lets see ‘schnee’s stats), but dynamicism may kill my poor cable modem so we will see.

I’m going “dark” for a few days but I’ll check back in and scoop up the thoughts (if any).

If you plan to move forward with collecting and then posting the data/results I’d be more than happy to confer about getting a link put on the farktography page to your website. I’m sure others would be interested in seeing the breakdowns as well.

monkeybort
    Participant

wow.

wow.

i am stunned. that kicks ass.

wow.

IMeant2DoThat
    Participant

*jaw drop*

*twitch twitch*

Dude.

Just…dude.

I think that’s a GREAT start, and would love to see more more more.

staplermofo
    Participant

Speaking of statistics… 1000 comments, wooooo!

*runs around twirling his shirt above his head*

Wooooooooooooooooo!

(I know I know, but it’s close enough)

schnee
    Participant

At the risk of killing my server, a preview is available.

(edited to update url – still just a preview)

veruca
    Participant

and considering all those times idle_hands kept voting off, well i think she would have left the rest of us far behind in her dust by now.

my jaw is agape, schnee. awesome stuff!

schnee
    Participant

and considering all those times idle_hands kept voting off, well i think she would have left the rest of us far behind in her dust by now.

yep.

awesome stuff!

Thanks. It it a fun project actually. I really channelled my inner geek on this.

schnee
    Participant

Ok then. I got nothing for the contest tonight, but the Farktography Statistics Manager (v1) is ready.

monkeybort
    Participant

Ok then. I got nothing for the contest tonight, but the Farktography Statistics Manager (v1) is ready.

awesome. i love it. very cool.

schnee
    Participant

On the off-chance anyone wants to know how it is done

veruca
    Participant

On the off-chance anyone wants to know how it is done

You left out the beer, and maybe spilling some on the server 😛
    Nah, I love it. nice flow chart, haha. Should have a button on the front page post haste.

Klahanie
    Participant

I’ll be damned. I finally checked the site, and it is pretty cool. Statistics normally “frighten and confuse me”, but I like the way you put it together. Good jorb. 🙂

schnee
    Participant

I’ll be damned. I finally checked the site, and it is pretty cool. Statistics normally “frighten and confuse me”, but I like the way you put it together. Good jorb. 🙂

Thanks. (where’s the smiley for “blush”?)

Until a couple of minutes ago, I didn’t really show any statistics, but I (a) had a vision and (b) needed something that started with “S”.

I just did a “Greatest Averages Evar”, so now there are honest to goodness statistics.

If anyone has anything else they’d like to see, just post your ideas. Eventually, I will be doing a Farktographer-specific report presenting a bunch of lies about individual Farktographers, but that’s a bit off.

schnee
    Participant

FSM has been updated with Staplers and Staples. veruca solidified her lead as the top vote getter evar, but MorningBreath is nipping at veruca’s heals in the top vote getter recently category.

And, less than 25,000 votes to go until we break the 100,000 vote barrier!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics’ is closed to new replies.