Looking for free Foto Canvas Lite editor, or other free edit

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Looking for free Foto Canvas Lite editor, or other free edit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I used to have foto canvas lite for acdsee, but I don’t know where the disc went. Is there a free version somewhere? If not could anyone suggest some free basic photo editors that are easy to set up and use? I don’t need anything too fancy, but all I’ve got right now is ms paint 🙁
    Please and thank you in advance.

linguine
    Participant

I use gimp for my photo editing – http://www.gimp.org/

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Thanks for replying, linguine. I’ve heard of GIMP, but I checked it out and that site says I have to “compile” all the files. I am not sure if that means there is more than one thing I have to download, so that’s why I came here, to see if there is an easy way to get GIMP or some other program. I’m used to nice user-friendly downloads with clear and simple instructions. I would like something that I can click once to download, and then click that program to install. Any site that throws around phrases like “pre-built HTML per language” or “may contain untranslated strings” is over my head. Please help this ignorant savage!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Thanks for replying, linguine. I’ve heard of GIMP, but I checked it out and that site says I have to “compile” all the files. I am not sure if that means there is more than one thing I have to download, so that’s why I came here, to see if there is an easy way to get GIMP or some other program. I’m used to nice user-friendly downloads with clear and simple instructions. I would like something that I can click once to download, and then click that program to install. Any site that throws around phrases like “pre-built HTML per language” or “may contain untranslated strings” is over my head. Please help this ignorant savage!

The GIMP install is pretty painless unless you’re running some oddball operating system. If memory serves, the prerequisite package (GTK) is included in the Windows installation at this point. Try this link to a SourceForge download page if you are running Windows. It’s linked off GIMP.org downloads page once you click the “show other downloads” link. There are also Mac download links there as well. The various :Linux downloads are available even before you click the “show more” link.

olavf
    Participant

If you’re running linux, Gimp generally included with the installer. yum (Fedora) or apt or the installer for your flavor should be able to get it for you.

Windows has an installer that works well, as Choc-Ful-A said.

just kat and I use Gimp as well.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

If you’re running linux, Gimp generally included with the installer. yum (Fedora) or apt or the installer for your flavor should be able to get it for you.

Windows has an installer that works well, as Choc-Ful-A said.

just kat and I use Gimp as well.

FYI, the GIMP download page has cut-n-paste commands for a couple Linux packages that do what olavf mentions. And it’s definitely the way to go if you’re using one of the listed Linux variants.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yet another vote for Gimp here. Runs great on my Xp machine. I seem to remember it was rather painless to get running.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking for free Foto Canvas Lite editor, or other free edit’ is closed to new replies.