Skip to toolbar

Man, I wish this were my picture!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Man, I wish this were my picture!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Today in Arizona, and in many places across the country, there was a ‘ride public transit in your underwear’ event (one of those flash mob things.) I’m ‘friends’ with the Az group, though I was busy taking pictures elsewear (pun intended).

They posted this on their facebook page. It’s a great picture anyway, but the bag she’s holding cinches the deal, IMHO.

lokisbong
    Participant

she doesn’t really seem like a hooters girl but I have never been to one so I could be wrong. 😀

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I love that photo! Aside from the “see no evil” hand in face, guy in boxers and “Hooters to go” bag, there’s also the fact that she’s wearing a winter coat and his legs are exposed.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’d the good fortune to be on the official photographers for Improv Everywhere No Pants Subway Ride (the original)here in NYC (This is actually a pretty big deal for me, it’s more exposure than I’ve ever had a link on their home page (http://improveverywhere.com/ Dave Bledsoe is my RL name 4th from top) and huge page hits on my Flickr stream. Plus I’ve been asked to come shoot for the group again on a smaller event in a coupe of weeks! Gwinny the Fark Mod knows several group members and hooked me up with the guy who runs Improv Everywhere.

This was the most challenging photo shoot I’ve ever done. I had to shoot outside in bright sun then inside the subway station and trains without a flash. My job was to get as many reaction shots as possible without people noticing. I’m enormously thankful I bought the new camera over Christmas, there would no way my old 20D could handle this job. Still, it was a completely awesome time and all the people in underwear I never wanted to see!

ravnostic
    Participant

Still, it was a completely awesome time and all the people in underwear I never wanted to see!

Yeah, what’s up with that? Why don’t the beautiful people strip down and ride?

//I guess for the guys it’s the Costanza excuse about cold weather. 😆

Curious
    Participant

This was the most challenging photo shoot I’ve ever done. I had to shoot outside in bright sun then inside the subway station and trains without a flash.

did you reset the ISO and/or WB for each location?

as the official photographer you couldn’t take your pants off so did that cramp your style?

loved everyone bundled up in 20 layers and pantless.

ennuipoet
    Participant

did you reset the ISO and/or WB for each location?

as the official photographer you couldn’t take your pants off so did that cramp your style?

loved everyone bundled up in 20 layers and pantless.

I shoot in RAW so I don’t worry to much about the white balance. I did the ISO dance for the whole shoot. My 50D has some really nice ISO expansion so I was able in shoot in the area of 2000 in the stations without losing to much to noise. That was the big problem all night was trying to keep the noise in the shots down, so I shot wide open which was killing me on DoF.

Trust me, the agreement I made at the beginning of the shoot was I was documenting NOT participating. My pants stayed firmly on! Besides, it was 30 degrees with 40 MPH wind gusts in the City yesterday. Those who doffed their dungarees strode the line between bravery and foolishness!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Wait, what?
    You can bring your bike on the bus there?
    Either that or it’s one of those strollers that cost more than my car.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yes, there’s even racks for them on the metro, though they are often full so people just hang onto them. On the city buses, there’s racks in the front.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.