Miller’s Lesson For The Week: Warranty Cards

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Miller’s Lesson For The Week: Warranty Cards

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    zeke
    Participant

OOO you should learn to develop your own.

Don’t give her ideas. When she goes on a sewing kick, there’s bolts of fabric and patterns and other sewing acoutrements all over the kitchen for months on end. She’ll be developing film in the kitchen sink and we wont get dishes clean for a week 😉

Curious
    Participant

developing the film is the easy part. it’s printing — no it’s having the room to leave the printing stuff set up that’s a problem. my sister has a darkroom built into her garage. yeah i envy her.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The kitchen sink with its two windows over it wouldn’t exactly be dark enough. Now our basement on the other hand………

But yeah, I’ve got too much other crap going on right now. Some day, though…

XenPix
    Participant

I just got some film for my TLR (my dad’s old TLR at least) which I’ve never used before, I’d love to develop that (mostly so the developing people don’t laugh at my first attempts with it!). Not sure the cat would appreciate the smell of the chemicals, and I’d have to do it in the cupboard under the stairs. Do they do mini kits? 😉

Klahanie
    Participant

I just got some film for my TLR (my dad’s old TLR at least) which I’ve never used before, I’d love to develop that (mostly so the developing people don’t laugh at my first attempts with it!). Not sure the cat would appreciate the smell of the chemicals, and I’d have to do it in the cupboard under the stairs. Do they do mini kits? 😉

You should start with this book: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=601&pid=1000001055

You can get everything else you need on the same site, including a decent kit with all the accessories you would need to develop film. You would also need to buy a changing bag. It’s great fun and you can do it right at the kitchen sink. 🙂

monkeybort
    Participant

film is super easy – you only need total dark when you’re spooling it from the film spool onto the developing reel. after that you can be having a disco party complete with lasers and gogo dancers and it won’t affect the film at all.

unless your dancing messes up your agitation cycle, that is.

Klahanie
    Participant

Too true. I’m prone to ADD, gawd I hate that label, I can pay attention, just not, wait, where was I? Oh yes… In between agitations I’ll run the vacuum, do stretches, put away dishes, etc. all the while dragging the canister around with me and keeping one eye on the timer. The worst part about developing film for me is that I have no patience, but WOOHOO when I pull the film out and I have success! 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Miller’s Lesson For The Week: Warranty Cards’ is closed to new replies.