Mr. and Mrs. Yugoboy’s 21st Wedding Anniversary Day Trip

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Mr. and Mrs. Yugoboy’s 21st Wedding Anniversary Day Trip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

You can see the full set as well as the paragraph I wrote about the day at my photoblog here: http://yugoboy99.blogspot.com/p/mr-and-mrs-yugoboys-anniversary-trip-to.html

We took a drive to Watkins Glen and back. We hiked the Glen. I got beer in growlers, she got wine. I took lots of photos. It was fun.

A few of the highlights I wanted to share here follow.

This is the first waterfalls. You have to make a little effort to see them, as there’s a wall of rock and vegetation blocking your view unless you go down a couple steps.

One of the neater small falls.

Serene views are available at times.

Finally, some falls not at the Glen, but on the way.

There’s a total of 13 on the photoblog. Enjoy!

chupathingie
    Participant

oooooohhhhhh….. me likey that last one especially!

ravnostic
    Participant

Very pretty location, beautifully shot, Yugo

linguine
    Participant

nice shots, looks like a great place to go get lost in for a while

Yugoboy
    Participant

nice shots, looks like a great place to go get lost in for a while

It would be… if you could get lost. The path is crafted out of the glen walls with a stone barrier on one side and many dozens of feet of cliff going up on the other.

(There is one shot on the blog where I climbed over the fence and into the creek bed. I managed to dryly get close enough to take really good shots of the falls. One my way back to climb out, I noticed that a part of the route I took was on about 3 inches of slanted rock, which slanted into a clear pool about 8 feet deep. Had I seen that on the way in, I’d never have made it.)

You can, however, get lost on the roads if you don’t have a map or good sense of direction (and stray off the numbered routes).

We managed to get married at a time of year where the leaves are turning almost every year, and it’s always a nice time to take a drive… when it isn’t raining.

Thanx everyone for the compliments. I suppose I should have shot some higher speed shots, but I really like the calm of long-shutter shots.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

oooooohhhhhh….. me likey that last one especially!

^This, plus 07-Watkins-Glen-4 on your blog.

Congrats on your 21st! We just celebrated our 25th a couple of months ago.

That looks like a beautiful area; I’d like to make it out there some time. The closest I’ve come is when I had to go to Binghamton to meet with Lockheed (I think? Whoever the big defense contractor there is.). I took a short drive when I had a spot of free time and have wanted to explore there more ever since.

Also, I just pulled up Watkins Glen on mapquest (yes, I still use mapquest a lot – don’t judge me!) and realized for the first time why they’re called the Finger Lakes. Just never really thought about it, but it’s pretty clear from the map.

chupathingie
    Participant

realized for the first time why they’re called the Finger Lakes.

My first realization on them came while flying home from Phoenix to Albany; while flying over PA I had a seat on the left and watched them drift past.
    *ding!*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Mr. and Mrs. Yugoboy’s 21st Wedding Anniversary Day Trip’ is closed to new replies.