Mys camera iz brokenz.

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Mys camera iz brokenz.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Condolences, Rav. You should have a wake for it. At least the camera is survived by the lenses.

chupathingie
    Participant

Rav: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44012674@N04/

latest four pics in my photopile…

I’m pretty sure the mechanical linkage is where you suspect, but damn if I can catch a glimpse of it line-of-sight. The spring is there, and there’s a coil buried inside along with a “lug” on the mirror assembly right there. When lifting the mirror, the spring barely moves visibly but moves much more when you get to see it from the back side of the mirror. Don’t mind the scotch tape, that’s keeping my secondary out of the way (I broke it’s linkage [which is on the right of the mirror] running off 20K cycles on a time lapse…autofocus is now broken).

If you want me to poke and prod a bit, I can… but my booger picker is at work…

sorr it took so long, but youse guys are gonna get tired of my griping about long irregular hours 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

Aye-yep. It’s as I suspected. That linkage is gone in mine.

Which, as it happens, I can cross-verify, as I went ahead and bought the craigslist one, with 8700 shutter triggers. I’ll take the old one in and see what they want to fix it; would be nice to have a 2nd body anyway; but it’s no longer a ‘gotta-have-now’ as I have a working body again.

//still will set me back a few. Will wait for the wallet to turn up (though I think I musta been pick pocketed or robbed, as I can’t think of a damned place to look for the wallet that I haven’t already checked.

Much obliged, Chupa

zincprincess
    Participant

zinc–You’ve no idea. I’m just crushed with no camera to point.

Actually, I do. My Nikon died about six months ago. No power, no error, just dead. It was under warranty and Nikon fixed it for free but it took SIX weeks to get it back. I was lost without it. Thankfully, I have a friend who was shooting Nikon at the time and he let me borrow his extra body (D50, maybe?). Like you, I had to do something or risk going completely insane.

Glad to hear you have found a replacement so quickly.

Yugoboy
    Participant

This is why I’m keeping my Olympus.
    It may be only a tiny step up from point and shoot, but it’s mine, takes really nice pics (big-ass lens for p/s… guess which entries in the shadow contest was taken with the Olympus and you win a cookie! Only one’s from the Nikon.) and I’m comfortable with it. If I get rid of it… the Nikon’ll break, and I’ll be Farktography-ing completely by archive-dive and cell-phone camera.

I totally believe in jinxes…

orionid
    Participant

This is why I’m keeping my Olympus.
    It may be only a tiny step up from point and shoot, but it’s mine, takes really nice pics (big-ass lens for p/s… guess which entries in the shadow contest was taken with the Olympus and you win a cookie! Only one’s from the Nikon.) and I’m comfortable with it. If I get rid of it… the Nikon’ll break, and I’ll be Farktography-ing completely by archive-dive and cell-phone camera.

I totally believe in jinxes…

I was going to cheat, but whatever you edit with strips out the Exif info. So I guess the sepia one.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I was going to cheat, but whatever you edit with strips out the Exif info. So I guess the sepia one.

I just use Photoshop Save-For-Web… the first week I tried to get in under the first 100 entries, Fark’s 200 kb filter stopped me because every pic was lovingly saved at 180+kb and somehow went over. Now I shoot for 140 and under.
    I’ll reveal the answer later…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Mys camera iz brokenz.’ is closed to new replies.