Nat Geo’s top 45 pics from readers. Wow.

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Nat Geo’s top 45 pics from readers. Wow.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

It is tilt-shift:

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/lee_sie/sets/72157622370135972

Hmmm….. I stand corrected. Unless he has a 10-200mm tilt-shift lens fitted for Nikon AI and AF-S. Even in the event such a lens existed, one would likely not be using a $5000 lens on a D40. Also, some of his other “tilt-shifts” are not so well disguised. knew I should have brought up the exif before giving my opinion earlier.

Yugoboy: You’ll have to just imagine me doing the you-were-right-I-was-wrong dance, since my laptop probably wouldn’t take to kindly to me jumping on the keyboard.

fluffybunny
    Participant

It is tilt-shift:

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/lee_sie/sets/72157622370135972

Hmmm….. I stand corrected. Unless he has a 10-200mm tilt-shift lens fitted for Nikon AI and AF-S. Even in the event such a lens existed, one would likely not be using a $5000 lens on a D40. Also, some of his other “tilt-shifts” are not so well disguised. knew I should have brought up the exif before giving my opinion earlier.

Yugoboy: You’ll have to just imagine me doing the you-were-right-I-was-wrong dance, since my laptop probably wouldn’t take to kindly to me jumping on the keyboard.

I did not look at the details closely enough either, getting ready for night shift, no time. I just trusted that the page label was truthful. Last time I trust the internet.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah. Every day I drive home past the Blue Ridge Mountains. A day like today where the thick fog was rolling out of the valleys as a backdrop to old style barns and foothill farmland in the foreground makes me sick because I really don’t want to take the risk of bringing my camera to work plus there’s not really anywhere to stop and shoot except for physically pulling onto the narrow shoulder with questionable legality. Took some pics with my phone while driving, haven’t checked them out yet.

It’s all about the time and the place. And *having* the time to go to the place is a big challenge right now. We live 2 hours from the National Mall and will be archive digging for this week’s theme because we just don’t have the time to go into the city and shoot right now.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yeah. Every day I drive home past the Blue Ridge Mountains. A day like today where the thick fog was rolling out of the valleys as a backdrop to old style barns and foothill farmland in the foreground makes me sick because I really don’t want to take the risk of bringing my camera to work plus there’s not really anywhere to stop and shoot except for physically pulling onto the narrow shoulder with questionable legality. Took some pics with my phone while driving, haven’t checked them out yet.

It’s all about the time and the place. And *having* the time to go to the place is a big challenge right now. We live 2 hours from the National Mall and will be archive digging for this week’s theme because we just don’t have the time to go into the city and shoot right now.

Maybe you should invest in a micro 4/3 setup that would fit into your purse. They are not very expensive and take fantastic pictures. If some thieving dickbag takes it you are only out a few hundred dollars.

Yugoboy
    Participant

plus there’s not really anywhere to stop and shoot except for physically pulling onto the narrow shoulder with questionable legality.

Get yourself a couple orange cones, keep them in your trunk, and when you need to, park and deploy them. Pop the hood and do your shooting. I actually swiped a lone cone from road-side for this purpose, but haven’t yet done it. The purpose for which I want to use it hasn’t re-curred (there’s some picturesque declining factory towns along the NYS Thruway… haven’t been back to Albany in too long).

Kestrana
    Participant

Those aren’t half bad ideas although the highway I take is heavily patrolled and Virginia cops aren’t known for being cool. So Ken, you’re getting me one for Christmas then, right? 😉

Farktographer
    Participant

Emergency flashing lights are the “park anywhere” button in the car world.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Nat Geo’s top 45 pics from readers. Wow.’ is closed to new replies.