Need Advice (the sooner the better!)

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Need Advice (the sooner the better!)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

*sigh* I just accidently edited anneb‘s post instead of quoting it as I intended…My childhood blonde is apparently showing today…I’m sorry!

millera9
    Participant

Lol. Elsinore you might be happy to learn that your mistake and then the explanation of your mistake left what had to be the dumbest, most confused, mule-trying-to-figure-out-a-new-gate look on my face, maybe of all time. I probably read that like 6 times before I realized that you’re a mod and can edit other people’s posts. Heh, I feel dumb now.

Also, there are mini-snickers in a jar in the office next to mine, so I…. uhhh…. have to go now….. *drool*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL millera9!! Don’t feel too bad–for reasons unknown, the mod title won’t show up on my account, despite many attempts to put it there. Sad thing is, this is the second time I’ve edited when I meant to quote…If I could remove my own ability to edit posts, I think I would!

But mmmm snickers indeed…they’re particularly good chilled….

/damn, now I want a Snickers….

millera9
    Participant

Ok, pardon me for being childish but how exactly does one eat all the chocolate off of a Snickers? I mean, I’m only able to imagine one way of doing that and well….hmmm…..I’ma go splash some cold water on my face now….

Since I’m being juvenile, the ‘but nougat’ comment only made me think of the last time I ate Thai food…

/I’m so sorry…
    //On a positive note, you probably don’t want a Snickers anymore… 😯 😀

Madrigal
    Participant

Get a room 😛

Claff
    Participant

😆 Ummm, well, I actually do it in sections and not if it’s hot and melty. I just nibble the chocolate off, scrape off the nougat, and then bite off the caramelly peanuts, repeat.

We’re kindred spirits. That’s how I enjoy a 3 Musketeers bar (don’t do peanuts, so no Snickers here).

Anything else you want to know about me?

Madrigal
    Participant

I checked out so more indepth reviews and I guess from I can see, although there are a lot of features on the e-500 that appeal to me, especially over the D50, the image quality of the D50 and it’s lens is worth the extra money.

I also think I found someone who works at a camera shop in town that can get it for me for less than online (only about 8 bucks cheaper) but it saves me shipping costs, and a wait time.

The other beneficial thing too is that the D50 takes SD, although I would prefer CF I already have a whole whack of SD cards.

anneb
    Participant

*sigh* I just accidently edited anneb‘s post instead of quoting it as I intended…My childhood blonde is apparently showing today…I’m sorry!

ROFL! I guess that means I’m not the amazing sleepwalkerposter I might otherwise have appeared to be!

And, oblig.technical.content: I am regretting buying a ranch style house. It means that when I pitch my scanner out my window, even off the top of my roof, it will not have a very satisfying fall at ALL. GRRRRRR. Solutions?

anneb
    Participant

Yeah- I had that happen on a previous scanner. It’s nice that the lid can detach if you want to scan things out of thick books, but boy is that a gotcha.
    This was an issue where it was scanning negatives, but not positives. (Oh, you mean you want this lower corner of the photo. No? Oh, you want this same lower corner, only washed out and orange? No? Ok, I’ll just crash, then.)
    Downloaded new driver. It scanned in my photo (yay!) then crashed.
    😕

I’m probably just living wrong.

millera9
    Participant

ROFL! I guess that means I’m not the amazing sleepwalkerposter I might otherwise have appeared to be!

And, oblig.technical.content: I am regretting buying a ranch style house. It means that when I pitch my scanner out my window, even off the top of my roof, it will not have a very satisfying fall at ALL. GRRRRRR. Solutions?

Hi, welcome to 2006! We have digital cameras now. It’s sort of like a portable scanner that allows you to digitally capture an image, only smaller! And there’s no film or negatives. Ever! They’re really neat, you should get one! 😉

Kidding of course. My scanner drives me nuts too. I’ve always wanted to go all “Office Space” on it!

anneb
    Participant

Hi, welcome to 2006! We have digital cameras now. It’s sort of like a portable scanner that allows you to digitally capture an image, only smaller! And there’s no film or negatives. Ever! They’re really neat, you should get one! 😉

What? And miss out on all the fun of getting all the dust off my negatives? NEVER! 🙄

Madrigal
    Participant

I think I’ve reconsidered.

I am going to save up the extra 300 I need (I can swing 10% off at a certain store) and get the D70S.

staplermofo
    Participant

I think I’ve reconsidered.

I am going to save up the extra 300 I need (I can swing 10% off at a certain store) and get the D70S.

In that case, it would pay to be a slickdeals.net / fatwallet.com, etc regular

You’re not going to get 50% off an SLR, but they do have some good finds from time to time.

ex: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=384025

Madrigal
    Participant

I might, not overly keen on ordering it off the net, I can get a for-sure 10% off here, plus my friend makes commission.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Need Advice (the sooner the better!)’ is closed to new replies.