Neither a borrower or lender be?

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Neither a borrower or lender be?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zincprincess
    Participant

A work peep sent this to me on Friday. I would never be so brave (or stupid) as to take someone else’s work and pretend it’s my own. Well at least in photography. There is a generous amount “borrowing” that goes on in consulting but that’s another story altogether.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/205632/groupon_pwned_by_photographer_using_stolen_images_for_promo.html?tk=rss_news

chupathingie
    Participant

Hah. Nice to see the crowd catching a clown in a scam.

ravnostic
    Participant

Surprising that in today’s technical age someone would be so bold, when it’s pretty easy to discover this sort of thing. What’s that website where you can put in an image and it will come back with all the places on the web where that same image can be found?

orionid
    Participant

She was also dumb enough to to spell her name wrong on the portfolio page.

/This whole thing makes me sad.

zincprincess
    Participant

She was also dumb enough to to spell her name wrong on the portfolio page.

Good catch. I missed that.

It is sad. I feel bad for people who paid hundreds of dollars for a hack photographer.

olavf
    Participant

Surprising that in today’s technical age someone would be so bold, when it’s pretty easy to discover this sort of thing. What’s that website where you can put in an image and it will come back with all the places on the web where that same image can be found?

Tin Eye was listed in the comments. It’s interesting, but doesn’t seem to crawl my gallery2 installation.
    http://www.tineye.com/

This whole thing makes me sad.

Me too.

Curious
    Participant

what makes me sad is this will tarnish real pros.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Neither a borrower or lender be?’ is closed to new replies.