New Website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

I finally decided to get a website up and running for my photos. I am trying to see if I can make a little money with my camera by shooting bands. So far I have 6 bands lined up to shoot! Yay me!
    I even had some business cards made up.
    I figure it’s a little more professional to have a website to send people to rather than send them to Flickr.

Tale a look and let me know what you guys think.

http://musicinpictures.net/

swampa
    Participant

Hey NBD,

The site looks good (design wise).

Some things I noticed*:
    Have your gallery links go to the specific galleries instead of just the landing page (that way people can see what you taken more easily from the homepage), or at least the most recent X galleries.
    Have the galleries link up the top go to the gallery landing page automatically instead of just a page with the link.
    Your venue count is out by one.
    The link to Backlash in the right hand text area doesn’t work.

Hope that is helpful.

*Feel free to ignore me

linguine
    Participant

The gallery and contact links at the top don’t seem to do anything for me. But I do like the front page and the main picture is great.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hey NBD,

The site looks good (design wise).

Some things I noticed*:
    Have your gallery links go to the specific galleries instead of just the landing page (that way people can see what you taken more easily from the homepage), or at least the most recent X galleries.
    Have the galleries link up the top go to the gallery landing page automatically instead of just a page with the link.
    Your venue count is out by one.
    The link to Backlash in the right hand text area doesn’t work.

Hope that is helpful.

*Feel free to ignore me

Swampa:
    Eventually as I get more band gigs listed I will put links to the recent ones in the right sidebar.

I am trying to get the Galleries link to point to the galleries landing page but I am not a php expert so I am still working on that.

Any php people out there that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

The #3 before the venue bar is not the count, it is to keep the links in order. Unfortunately it is the only way to keep the sidebar links in the order I want them. It is a WordPress issue that they say will be resolved in future updates.

The Backlash link works for me, maybe their site was down when you clicked? who knows…

guine: Scroll down the page you’ll see a link. I am working on changing that but right now it’s all I got.

Thanks on the main pic. It’s one of my favorites.

Curious
    Participant

what they said ^ re links not working. then again my site was done with MSfrontpage2000 and sucks so there is that.

i really like frank and the turntable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘New Website’ is closed to new replies.