New!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    powerplantgirl
    Participant

Got a new wide angle lens. The Canon 10-22mm. It’s SWEET!

Or my whole flickr page is still:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwrplantgirl/

I just renewed my TF so I can do Farktography again. Yay!

Ppg

swampa
    Participant

Nice 🙂

I definately think the 10-22mm is the next lens I need 😀

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m having a blast with my Sigma 10-20 —- wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide represent!

staplermofo
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about getting a Peleng 8mm for a while now…

schnee
    Participant

These are all on crop-sensors, right? So that 10 -> 16mm (full-frame equiv, assuming 1.6 crop-ratio), right? Just curious.

Oh, and Yay, PPG is back.

powerplantgirl
    Participant

schnee, I have no idea.
    It’s awesome to be back!

The Canon 10-22mm got amazing reviews online so I decided to go for it! It was $150 cheaper online than in the local camera store. It’s definitely a fun lens! Amazing how close you actually have to be to the subject.

^5 Silver Stag!

millera9
    Participant

Man, I feel so inadequate with my 17-40 over here…

/Lens envy sucks.

zeke
    Participant

Man, I feel so inadequate with my 17-40 over here…

/Lens envy sucks.

It’s not the size of the lens, its how you use it…

swampa
    Participant

It’s not the size of the lens, its how you use it…

Thats what everyone with a large lens says 😛

Analogy
    Participant

Welcome to the wide-angle fold! My 10-22 is definitely my favorite lens, the only times I don’t use it are when I’m physically unable to get close enough to get the framing I want. I love the look when you use a wide angle lens to get a closeup, like in this shot.

P.S. I’ll be in Colorado on a business trip on Thurs-Fri, not sure if I’ll have any time to relax but if I do I’d love to meet a fellow Farktographer.

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Welcome to the wide-angle fold! My 10-22 is definitely my favorite lens, the only times I don’t use it are when I’m physically unable to get close enough to get the framing I want. I love the look when you use a wide angle lens to get a closeup, like in this shot.

P.S. I’ll be in Colorado on a business trip on Thurs-Fri, not sure if I’ll have any time to relax but if I do I’d love to meet a fellow Farktographer.

Nice shot. Actually you’re the one who made me start looking at that 10-22mm. I haven’t used it for people yet but that looks amazing. It is frustrating trying to frame a shot, I’m literally right on top of what I’m shooting.

Miller, don’t be lens jealous, at least you get to eat real food for the next couple of weeks!
    🙂

Analogy
    Participant

Actually you’re the one who made me start looking at that 10-22mm.

Figures. I’ve started an epidemic.

I haven’t used it for people yet but that looks amazing. It is frustrating trying to frame a shot, I’m literally right on top of what I’m shooting.

I think it feels that way because you’re used to having to back up to get everything you want in the frame. It seems to me like what the wide angle does is not force you to stand closer, but rather *not* force you to stand further away. It lets you be “in” the scene, be involved with your subjects. Basically it lets you stand in the same proximity to your subject that you’d be in if you were having a conversation with them. It can be a little unsettling to subjects that don’t know you, but if you do know them and have good camaraderie with them, it gets you really good shots.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Somehow I missed this before, but w00t for you! Love that pic, too! I ended up with the Tokina 12-24mm myself, and it’s lots of fun. Can only imagine what those extra 2mm (20% !!) can get. Have fun with it 🙂

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

Got a new wide angle lens. The Canon 10-22mm. It’s SWEET!

Or my whole flickr page is still:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwrplantgirl/

I just renewed my TF so I can do Farktography again. Yay!

Ppg

totally off the subject, but I -love- the stonework!!! hehe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘New!’ is closed to new replies.