Nikon AF Calibration (Not for the gear-squeamish)

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Nikon AF Calibration (Not for the gear-squeamish)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

http://buckscorner.com/home/nikon-d90-autofocus-calibration/

I’m just gonna link it since I don’t feel like typing another book.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I take you Nikonians don’t have micro adjust. I use it for my 100-300 Sigma and my 17-50 Tamron, made a big difference.

orionid
    Participant

I take you Nikonians don’t have micro adjust. I use it for my 100-300 Sigma and my 17-50 Tamron, made a big difference.

We do, but only on the pro-level bodies. I can’t justify a camera that cost more than my first five cars put together right now.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Ah, I see. Excellent article none the less. I have been quite grateful over the years to find these little pools of knowledge scattered about the internets, from open source software to how to make your own xenon flash (current topic under study).

kashari
    Participant

We do, but only on the pro-level bodies. I can’t justify a camera that cost more than my first five cars put together right now.

The D7000 has an AF Fine Tune adjustment. I haven’t had any problems with mine, but others have. Some have solved it by moving Focus to the AE-L/AF-L button, while others have either done their own tuning or sent it in for calibration. Since the D7k has a more advanced sensor than the older models, it also shows weaknesses in cheaper lenses. 3rd party lenses also have caused some problems I guess.

Thanks for the link, Orion, I’ll check it out & bookmark…just in case! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Nikon AF Calibration (Not for the gear-squeamish)’ is closed to new replies.