Nikon macro lens

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Nikon macro lens

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

really really nice.

ravnostic
    Participant

My dear husband has been unemployed for quite a while but recently landed a pretty good position for himself. Instead of sending me an email or text saying “I have a job offer” he sends me “Go ahead and order the macro lens today.” Love him. I ordered the 85 mm that I tried out a few weeks ago. I really dig it. Our local mall had an orchid sale / show this weekend. Below are a few shots I took with the new lens.

Congrats on your husbands new-found opportunity–having been through the unemployment scenario, I know how good that must feel!

Technically, after a year of hard work and low take-home paychecks, my investments into the stock purchase plans have paid off and I can afford a REAL macro lens of my own now. But by the same token, I’ve learned to live on a meager take-home wage, and am going to pay off my last remaining debt (truck) before I go hog-wild into lens shopping. The OT I’m working toward that end is killing me (12 hour days, 5 days and sometimes 6 a week), but I gave myself till August to pay it off, and it’s looking like May will be the time frame I’ll actually do so, without needing to resort to using my stocks. My long-mentioned wedge mount for my scope is first thereafter, then I’ll look at getting a ‘real’ macro.

//I did buy a real Canon 75-300mm (used) to replace my Tamron of the same, and the cheapie Canon brand 50mm, as a placative reward to myself till then.

zincprincess
    Participant

Thanks, Curious. I am pleased with the results.

Rav, The unemployment was awful, but as I look around, I realize others have had it much worse. We are still in our house, our relationship is solid, and we are not in debt up to our eyeballs (only to our shins). Our savings has taken a big hit but I feel pretty fortunate that we had savings to draw on. I am also really thankful that I have a solid job to keep us going. The lessons we have learned navigating this shitty time will be with us for a long time ? perhaps forever ? and that is not a bad thing.

chupathingie
    Participant

Awright, you guys… stop that this instant! I’ve already got plans for the income tax refund and you’re making it very difficult to not scrap them! 😆

chupathingie
    Participant

Thanks, Curious. I am pleased with the results.

Rav, The unemployment was awful, but as I look around, I realize others have had it much worse. We are still in our house, our relationship is solid, and we are not in debt up to our eyeballs (only to our shins). Our savings has taken a big hit but I feel pretty fortunate that we had savings to draw on. I am also really thankful that I have a solid job to keep us going. The lessons we have learned navigating this shitty time will be with us for a long time ? perhaps forever ? and that is not a bad thing.

It’s good to hear things are looking up… as you said, so many are still on the outs. My wife starts her new job tomorrow, after a year and a half working retail (which we both hated seeing her have to do… but you have to take what’s available sometimes). If it wasn’t for me having some stability on the job front, we’d have been in dire straights (that plus getting a lucky transfer to a cheap cost-of-living area just as the economy tanked). We’re looking forward to actually having time to spend together with weekends off. Now if I could only get her interested in photography…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Nikon macro lens’ is closed to new replies.