Not Good. Not Good At All.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Not Good. Not Good At All.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

And, maybe this is my post photo shoot high, or maybe the Jamesons and Murphy Stout (no Guinness in the deli), but when I moved up here I was a HELL of a lot worse off. Just fired from my job, no money, dropped of Georgetown, broke up with the woman I was sure I would marry, dead broke and living off the charity of my friends…and I fucking made it for seven years in this town with it trying to eat me alive! I may be beaten and bloody, but I was damn dead when I washed up in NYC! I can beat this!

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah! I’m also in the “do not sell your equipment, sell anything else first” camp. I don’t really know how I can help other than orionid‘s previous offer. Since I’m unemployed right now I can even help during the week if you need help packing anything. And you can always call if you need to vent.

I might need a second shooter for the weddings I’ve booked this year. First one is May 27th. If you’re still in need around then we can talk about it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

This IS the Jamesons talking now, but I needed today to remind me what the hell I am doing here! I worked too long and too hard to give up now! I scrimped, saved, worked extra jobs to buy my gear! Not a single bit of it bought on credit (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) but by patience and bargain hunting on the ebay! I will sell my collection of poetry, I will sell my guitars (anyone want a Yamaha six string and Twelve string, immaculately cared for, only played by a fumble fingered folkie?) but I am not going to let go the one thing I love! (after the cats, but let’s face it, no one is going to pay me for them 🙂 )

ravnostic
    Participant

Just back from shooting a big Improv Everywhere event, in the middle of six thousand people with no pants on and I am one of the official photographers…seriously, how can I give that up? You know, housing court in NYC takes at LEAST six months to evict you, if I keep paying SOME of the rent…

What’s this like scheat, Orionid? +1 baby.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Oh man that sucks. Wishing you best of luck with this. Hope you find some solution other than selling your camera. I like your attitude–keep positive and you can beat this. Don’t let the bastards get you down!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Not Good. Not Good At All.’ is closed to new replies.