NYC (Penn Station)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So, I got an email the other day telling me that my car has arrived from Hawaii, but I have to pick it up at the shipping terminal in Jersey. I will be taking the Amtrak to get within cab fare distance on Tuesday, and will be driving back. I have a two hour stop-over at Penn Station in downtown NY.

So, my question for any NYC farktographers, is if I have roughly 90 minutes to find cool things to take pictures of in the general area of Penn Station (and have strictly avoided NYC and never been there before), where should I go and what should I keep my eyes open for?

sleeping
    Participant

I haven’t been to NY in a while, but I think B&H’s retail store is right by there, as is the empire state building.

orionid
    Participant

I haven’t been to NY in a while, but I think B&H’s retail store is right by there, as is the empire state building.

Didn’t even think about B&H…. might have to look up their address. Thanks.

staplermofo
    Participant

Bring your best camera equipment and meet me in the alley two blocks north of the main entrance.

orionid
    Participant

Bring your best camera equipment and meet me in the alley two blocks north of the main entrance.

You’d try to mug me for a kodak 35mm disposable? I guess failing economies and desparate times do call for desparate measures… 😉

/which one’s the “main” entrance?

orionid
    Participant

As it turns out, I’m horrible when it comes to planning, which leads my life to a series of unrivaled sucesses and unparalleled defeats. So, it seems that this Tuesday, errr…. tomorrow, is veterans day. And the veterans day parade in Manhattan. And the Vehicle Processing Center in Jersey is closed. So I got my second train pushed back to wednesday morning, and grabbed a cheap (yeah, right) room at the Pennsylvania Hotel. (The idea of running around NYC looking for a cheap motel was less appealing than going ahead and dropping $200).

So now I have roughly 18 hours in the city that never sleeps.

I plan on hitting all the parade activities that I can (I won’t get there until about 1 pm) and the ensuing street festival, as well as Times Square, the Empire State Building at night, and B&H.

Any other suggestions?

Oh, and staplermofo, if you need a place to stay after you mug me, I’d be willing to split the cost of the room.

Since this is quickly turning into a full-on photo-blitz, I’ll post a couple of the good ones for everyone to enjoy or critique before my next real trip to the city.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘NYC (Penn Station)’ is closed to new replies.