OMG!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Just look at that Clear Sky Clock in my sig! I’m thinking tonight’s a good night to take a fast lens out south of town and clamp it to a tracking mount…. time to break out the gear! w00t!

Farktographer
    Participant

Ohhhh, is THAT what that thing is? My first time clicking it – pretty cool. When you pull out the tracking mount, does that generally mean you’re doing a time-lapse video? Let us know how it turns out.

orionid
    Participant

*drool*
    You should screencap that for posterity.

lokisbong
    Participant

So how did you get that to show here? I tried all 4 ways he has to post that and it wont show up. Looks 150% better than what its showing for me tonight or tommorow night even.

chupathingie
    Participant

Ohhhh, is THAT what that thing is? My first time clicking it – pretty cool. When you pull out the tracking mount, does that generally mean you’re doing a time-lapse video? Let us know how it turns out.

Planning on a series of maybe 2 min exposures at f1.2. I’ll go longer if I can, but this mount’s pretty unsteady. I’ve gone 5 mins before with it though, so we’ll see. also depending on how light the light pollution is, so I won’t know what exposures I can get away with until after a few test shots.

As far as making that CSC post to the sig, I’ll have to dig that up in a bit and get back…

chupathingie
    Participant

test… only a test…

chupathingie
    Participant

ok, to post a link to the CSC, I use:

[ url =http://cleardarksky.com/c/CldAACTXkey.html][ img ]http://cleardarksky.com/c/CldAACTXcs0.gif[ /img ][ /url ] in the top sig field of my profile.

remove the spaces around “img”, “/img”, “url” and “/url”. Look up the gif and link address by visiting http://cleardarksky.com/csk/ then select your location. after that, click the link on the left that says “How can I put the Chart on my web page?” and it will embed the appropriate address in the text of the FAQ. Just pattern it after my example above, and you should be set.

lokisbong
    Participant

well I cannot seem to make it work. I even typed it in exactly as you have it minus the spaces using the address from my location and the best I get is a clickable link. no image.

chupathingie
    Participant

Not sure what to say about the link not working…

/fires up stellarium… damn. Sagittarius won’t be full up til 4AM. Looks like I’m gonna pass on that tonight. Ain’t had jack for sleep this week, and I need some.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Mine ain’t so bad tonight either: http://www.cleardarksky.com/c/Kpr61AZkey.html?1 (CSC for my research telescope). I can almost see it from my house now. Too bad I don’t have time on it until the 27th. Still, the seeing doesn’t look *great* tonight, even if it’s really clear. The best I’ve ever gotten is about 0.7″, which is pretty amazing-all of the stars are completely steady, no scintillation anywhere. You can get some really great data on nights like that.

Also; stellarium is awesome, isn’t it? Even the pros use it!

chupathingie
    Participant

I rarely get really good seeing here… have to go a couple 3 hours west of here to get into the drier desert air. It is, however a big step up from the orange glow of DFW that I dealt with for years.

And yep, I like Stellarium… easy interface with full-screen goodness. Can’t beat free, either. I made it a goal of mine to use nothing but no-cost software a few years ago, so Stellarium has been a godsend.

orionid
    Participant

well I cannot seem to make it work. I even typed it in exactly as you have it minus the spaces using the address from my location and the best I get is a clickable link. no image.

Try removing the “?!” after “.jpg” in your sig file.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘OMG!’ is closed to new replies.