On Behalf Of Posting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

We’re a friendly bunch. Always a smile, always a pleasant greeting (hi everyone!) and always willing to lend a helping hand, by, for example, posting entries on behalf of others.

If you’ve had someone post an entry on behalf of you in a contest, or if that’s going to happen in the future, you can help the FSM maintain accurate records by providing a list of the OBO’ed entries. I’ll need this information:

a) Poster
    b) Entry Timestamp (in 24 hour format)
    c) Actual Farktographer

all in a comma-separated list, and only for entries that show up on the Fark.com “View Voting Results” page. For example:

veruca,2006-06-21 20:26:41,monkeybort

tells me that veruca posted on behalf of monkeybort at that time. I’ll provide that info to the FSM which will then use it to correctly assign the entry (for listing in the portfolios and other stats). The 24-hour format for the timestamp just help me out a bit; you can get really close by cut-and-pasting from the contest page at Fark.com and then you just have to fix the hour.

I’ll reject override requests that come from someone who is not either the Poster or the Farktographer – should keep people from horking with the data (not that this will happen, but…).

If you’ve given me data in the past day or so, no need to repeat. Either email me (see my profile) or post a follow-up here.

I’ll try to roll this out into the production FSM in the next week or so and add future overrides “when I feel like it”. This won’t update Fark.com (so looking at voting results on Fark will still reflect the original poster) – its a value-added service!

(oh yeah, I’m shying away from some sort of metalanguage in the post itself that would instruct the FSM to override auto-magically. OBO posting doesn’t appear to happen too much to make this a burden)

schnee
    Participant

OK, the Production FSM has this installed and some overrides have been installed (thanks to both of you who sent them). Reports updated and all is well.

As usual, let me know if things seem off.

Klahanie
    Participant

Thanks for all the hard work Schnee! 8)

schnee
    Participant

Drat!

A watchful eye determined that OBO correctly debits the poster but does not credit the actual farktographer.

I need to scratch my head on this a bit, but I think I know where I failed to appease the FSM. Sorry.

schnee
    Participant

OK

I think I got it – everything has been updated. Please keep the bug reports coming.

monkeybort
    Participant

schnee – i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again – you kick all sorts of ass.

😀

schnee
    Participant

schnee you kick all sorts of ass.

well, maybe, but I’m teh suck when it comes to headline submitting….

Anyway, do you think I should post the current list of overrides so people can make sure that I’ve got them all? There’s a lot of them…

(I picked up veruca’s for logo and monkey for the “Photographing photographers” contest)

veruca
    Participant

thank you as always schnee!

monkeybort
    Participant

schnee you kick all sorts of ass.

well, maybe, but I’m teh suck when it comes to headline submitting….

Anyway, do you think I should post the current list of overrides so people can make sure that I’ve got them all? There’s a lot of them…

(I picked up veruca’s for logo and monkey for the “Photographing photographers” contest)

you’re awesome. thank you schnee!

schnee
    Participant

Drat

The OBO’s didn’t get picked up last night for Photographing photographers. Stats will be skewed until later this evening when I can fix it (and hopefully forget it).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘On Behalf Of Posting’ is closed to new replies.