One of my favorite words is "Haboob"

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery One of my favorite words is "Haboob"

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

errr…yeah, you did caradoc I don’t own boots, though. This is what I get for waking up and grabbing my stuff with no forethought at all.

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh, and the hail was when I was at 87 and 188, and thereafter for about 1/2 hour (at like 15 mph) heading home.

caradoc
    Participant

Yeah… that’d be why I didn’t go up the hill past Four Peaks that night. 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Lightning trigger arrived today…had jury duty so I don’t have to work my shift (I’m fortunate to have an employer who pays me anyway!), and I’m called back for tomorrow because they didn’t get enough jurors, so I’ll have some time to maybe use it if conditions are good! Yay!!

caradoc
    Participant

I’ll be down in Tucson on Saturday – pretty good chances. But I don’t see much happening tonight or tomorrow within 50 miles of Phoenix.

ravnostic
    Participant

What’s 50 miles? Is that like some sort of limit or something? I expect I’ll get out of jury duty at a reasonably early hour, and may just head south….I won’t work until Friday at 6:30 pm, there’s time.

caradoc
    Participant

Self-imposed weeknight limit. I work 5AM to 3PM, then watch the baby while the wife does her stuff in the afternoon (which means I can’t start driving until 5PMish, usually) leaving me about 3 hours if I go out.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ah. I won’t have anyone to leave my legacy of digital photography to (at least not a direct descendant), but that does afford me some liberties as to my schedule (which I’d give up in a heartbeat for a daughter as beautiful as yours).

staplermofo
    Participant

Allow me to translate.
    (It’s okay, Rav and the Lord, they have an understanding.)

caradoc
    Participant

Hah! I’ve already had that offer… in a New York-style deli… From an elderly guy.

hunches
    Participant

I think this is the same storm as rav’s panoramic, I just didn’t have the foresight to get to a good location (I actually walked in from smoking as my girlfriend walked out and she shouted ‘dust storm!’ – it was so obvious, I don’t know how I missed it :p)

ravnostic
    Participant

Heh. hunches, you the guy I dragged over here from G+?

hunches
    Participant

Naw, I just wandered in 🙂

I’m still trying to decide if I want to get on G+ after getting so pissed off at FB’s personal info issues (no I’m not paranoid, and stop looking at me!)

ravnostic
    Participant

Here’s the thing with G+. Nothing you share is public that you don’t want to be. But anything you share among any particular circle/s will send a notification to all those within the circle that you shared something with them. And that can be annoying to those who add you (and you add back) casually. Something to consider. It’s not FB, but it’s got it’s own quirks.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘One of my favorite words is "Haboob"’ is closed to new replies.