oops

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

So I left my camera in my car for a couple hours today in freezing temperatures which caused my filter to break. Although this doesnt seem to have hurt my lense, it left some little fragments/glass dust on the lense. Although they didnt show up on any of the pictures I took today Im worried they might show when I use a closer focal point and probably arent the best things to leave on the lense for an extended period of time. Anyone have any ideas as to how to clean off the lense, it seems like just wiping it off with a lense cloth could cause the little pieces of glass to scratch the lense, but I dont have any other ideas.

jpatten
    Participant

what about one of those little brushes used for lens cleaning? I got one in a lens cleaning kit for 5.99

sleeping
    Participant

A decent bulb blower would probably be the best thing for this, there shouldn’t be any real risk of scratching. I have one of these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/259157-REG/Giottos_AA1900_Rocket_Air_Blower_.html

It’s useful for getting dust and junk off all kinds of things (DSLR sensor, negatives for scanning, etc.)

Morningbreath
    Participant

I leave my camera in my car all the time. I guess I had better not do that

boringolddoug
    Participant

Linguine Flush it with a generous amount of lens cleaner fluid first. After it dries use a blower. Don’t brush or wipe unless you have to. If you brush it, brush it right near the mouth of a vacuum cleaner, so anything you move gets pulled away from the lens.

boringolddoug
    Participant

Oh and when you flush it, hold it with the lens down and spray up, so the tendency is for the fluid to run off, not into the lens.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks, Ill take it by a camera store tomorrow or saturday and see what they have.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

Oh and when you flush it, hold it with the lens down and spray up, so the tendency is for the fluid to run off, not into the lens.

yeah, definately be careful with this one… getting moisture in the lense is bad… can fog… can grow various goble-te-gook….

3Horn
    Participant

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/259157-REG/Giottos_AA1900_Rocket_Air_Blower_.html

It’s useful for getting dust and junk off all kinds of things (DSLR sensor, negatives for scanning, etc.)

I picked up one of those last week, the damned thing is like a mini-hurricane. It’s now a permanent fixture in the gear bag.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘oops’ is closed to new replies.