out with the old — or, anyone want to buy a camera?

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware out with the old — or, anyone want to buy a camera?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

i am selling my konica/minolta 7D. body, lenses, ext tubes, extra batteries, compact flash cards, the works. all you would need is a camera bag. i’ve had it for 4 years and it is in really good condition. slight wear but basically looks and works like new. also i have all the original boxes, manuals, software, etc. i got a chance to get a nikon D3000 at a good discount and can’t keep two DSLR cameras.

here is a review of the camera for anyone not familiar with it.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminolta7d/

and here are some photos of the actual camera and all that comes with it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57055068@N00/sets/72157624964730424/

i have roughly $1400+ in the complete set up. as to selling price ??? saw a body only on ebay go for over $550 but that’s not typical. i’d like to get around $350 for the complete package. right now i’m not interested in selling pieces/parts.

if you are interested, have questions, whatever you can respond here, PM me or my email addy is in my profile. thanks.

clouddancer
    Participant

If we only had the money…. I’ve been itching to get a DSLR for quite a few months now, but the money situation hasn’t exactly worked out in our favor. I do want, but sadly can’t afford (though I’m selfish enough right now to want to make payments, though still not sure how that could work).

Curious
    Participant

selling the camera here means it goes to a good home. i’ve enjoyed having/using it and want to share that if possible. i don’t know how we would do payments either but i’ll keep you in mind.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

clouddancer , if you can’t buy it right now, I would definitely be interested. The features and lenses are miles ahead of what I got now, and this seems like a really good deal. You spoke up first, so it’s your call.

clouddancer
    Participant

Zero – all yours. It’ll be months before I’m able to scrounge the cash. I’m just dreamin’ here. Someday, maybe. Some day…

Curious
    Participant

thank you for your interest clouddancer

Zero Exponent you have a PM.

Curious
    Participant

also to the 116 of you who read the thread and the 16 who looked at the flickr page thank you also. this is a good group and i’m happy to be a part of it.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Yay, it’s here!

What an upgrade over my other digital cam, a Fujifilm S3100/3500 , which I’ve used for the vast majority of my Farktography.

Ooh, the options I have now … thanks for the hand-me-down, Curious!

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an instruction manual to read 😀

ravnostic
    Participant

I have that very same Tamron lens. See Orion Nebula pic in the recent Tips ‘Astrophotography’ thread. Have fun with it!

p.s., with my Tamron, the focus is a little bit off in the infinity range. I’ve marked a ‘tic’ into the lens to mark proper focus at infinity. Don’t know if it’s the lens or my Canon that causes it, though.

orionid
    Participant

I have that very same Tamron lens. See Orion Nebula pic in the recent Tips ‘Astrophotography’ thread. Have fun with it!

p.s., with my Tamron, the focus is a little bit off in the infinity range. I’ve marked a ‘tic’ into the lens to mark proper focus at infinity. Don’t know if it’s the lens or my Canon that causes it, though.

Most modern lenses will focus slightly past infinity to allow autofocus algorithms to pass proper focus from both directions.

olavf
    Participant

To infinity…and beyond!

ravnostic
    Participant

Most modern lenses will focus slightly past infinity to allow autofocus algorithms to pass proper focus from both directions.

Yep, I get that, but I mean that in ‘autofocus’, it’s a tad off–the factory marked ‘infinity’ tic is a wee bit closer than it should be. I get a sharper image by going about 1 degree beyond it, determined by trial-and-error and marked with a scratch into the lens body.

orionid
    Participant

Ah, gotcha.

Curious
    Participant

Yay, it’s here!

What an upgrade over my other digital cam, a Fujifilm S3100/3500 , which I’ve used for the vast majority of my Farktography.

Ooh, the options I have now … thanks for the hand-me-down, Curious!

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an instruction manual to read 😀

you are more than welcome and i hope you enjoy it as i have. BTW the strap attaching things aren’t OEM as you no doubt figured out. i did find them an easier way to go. and that’s the first time the tamron hood has ever been installed 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘out with the old — or, anyone want to buy a camera?’ is closed to new replies.