Overnight trip nets pictures for at least 4 contests

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Overnight trip nets pictures for at least 4 contests

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I went up to Mormon Lake yesterday at the invitation of a friend with a cabin there. Thought I: “Oh, good–they have fungi up there.”

I came away with so much more. I have a selection of shots to choose for ‘He’s a Fun Guy’, but I also netted ‘Travel Photography’ options, ‘A Day in the Life of’ (because it was), Autumn II (thank God leaves have started turning at 8000 feet), and from the hopper, ‘Weather’ and ‘Volcanos, Waterfalls, and Mountains’. Not bad for a 30 hour venture.

Here are some of the bees (which may become ayes, but whose to say.)

Critiquing always welcome.

(Above and below taken at Bloody Basin Rd)

nobigdeal
    Participant

Ooooo That last one is very nice!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I really, REALLLY like 1,2,3, and 10. Nice work!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I really, REALLLY like 1,2,3, and 10. Nice work!

Since this is Fark, let me just say: THIS!

Really, nice shots rav.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks for the initial input, really!

#10–seriously? Of the ones I posted, I liked it the least. Why 10? I didn’t even ‘sharpen’ it (it looks a little better to me, but still…)

I had the opportunity to go into work and look at the shots on the various work-model computers. I found #1 to be way over-saturated on some monitors, and looks better than on my other monitors than my own. that makes it really hard to decide where I’ve gone to far and where else not enough.

#2 I really like. I took a number of shots at various focal lengths through my two lenses paired with the Darlot. I have a close-up (3 ‘florets’) that’s good, but not as well focused. Still, in some applications it’s an awesome shot. I’d retry maybe in the next morning. Then the storm kicked in, that night. The next day–no chance to better it.

#3 MIGHT go into Autumn, or A Day in the Life.

No Fun Guy comments? I thought I did well on the macros. The star pics are something of a ‘fail’, but it was just nice to capture something that didn’t turn out light-polluted brown for a change. I did get much closer lightning shot–enough so that it overexposed the sensor and is as crappy as the one here. *sigh* Lightning…

LeicaLens
    Participant

Yeah, #2 is really nice, and I like #6 as well, though you have too much room in the picture.

Geddit?

Much room…muShroom.

Jeez, I kill myself….

zincprincess
    Participant

I love it when I can cram three or four themes into a single outing. You are more efficient than I am. It took me a week to get stuff for three or four themes. Had the fish theme been a week later, I would have had pics for that too.

I like #2, #3, #6 and #9

kashari
    Participant

Yeah, #2 is really nice, and I like #6 as well, though you have too much room in the picture.

Geddit?

Much room…muShroom.

Jeez, I kill myself….

😀

The last one also grabbed my eye, it’s got a nice feel to it, very peaceful. The others are really nice too, good job!

Curious
    Participant

if i’m counting these right i like #10 best too. as for why, well it has nice colors, no particular subject so your eye wanders around finding things. like the cow.

ravnostic
    Participant

if i’m counting these right i like #10 best too. as for why, well it has nice colors, no particular subject so your eye wanders around finding things. like the cow.

um….cow? What cow? I don see no cow… ❓

aprillove20
    Participant

the last photo caught my attention. it’s pretty amazing photo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Overnight trip nets pictures for at least 4 contests’ is closed to new replies.